The Global Strategic Sourcing Counsel, as a member of the Supplier Contracting team in the iRobot Legal Department, will play a critical role supporting our Global Strategic Sourcing team.
- Provide legal support to the Global Strategic Sourcing team by drafting, revising, and negotiating a variety of agreements including direct component supplier agreements, associated statements of work and amendments.
- Participate in the agreement-making process and develop and maintain ongoing relationships with external direct suppliers, including directly negotiating with partners and suppliers.
- Draft and maintain forms/templates for a variety of supply chain agreements including detailed negotiation documents.
- Drive process discipline.
- Collaborate with and provide legal support for other members of the Supplier Contracts team including indirect procurement contract managers.
- Use this newly created position to collaborate with the iRobot Legal Department and cross-functional business and engineering teams to strategize on and effect change in the supplier contract process to promote efficiency and risk mitigation.
- Think strategically, with a global view, be able to effectively manage projects from beginning to end, translate objectives, execute outcomes, present project deliverables, maintain clear records and deliver fully negotiated and executed contracts.
- J.D. required and admission to the MA bar (or eligible for MA authorized in-house counsel).
- 5+ years experience in drafting and negotiating direct supplier agreements, counseling on hardware supply chain issues and negotiating complex hardware contracts and licensing arrangements globally, particular with suppliers in China.
- Excellent written skills and ability to present information and complex legal matters clearly and concisely.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple transactions simultaneously within deadlines.
- In-house counsel experience with an engineering-driven technology company preferred.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills a must along with a collaborative approach with a strong ability to build relationships and partner with others.
- Outside the box thinking, creative approaches to legal issues and versatility in a dynamic environment