Are you passionate about driving sales and making our products come alive with customers? UR has built the world’s largest sales channel designed exclusively to enable our customers to achieve the benefits of collaborative robots. Every day represents a new opportunity. Every day represents unique challenges.
Collaborating with our global and diverse set of partners, you will be the lead product manager working globally with our channels to ensure relentless commercial success.
As Global Product Manager - Commercial, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of cultures and organizational functions. You will be the “go to” person who consistently arms Sales from a product management perspective to triumph over competing providers. In addition, you will help uncover new product features and concepts based on your contact with the channel, customers and prospects.
You should be prepared to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy that includes a big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must be energized by spending time in the market, and with the sales force, to understand market problems and generate focused solutions to help land deals as they arise.
Communications skills are key to success in this role. You will engage continuously with the channel to understand their concerns and empower them to succeed in their commercial objectives. You will also work with fellow product managers to understand and align with the product strategies and objectives they too are seeking to deliver upon. You will work with R&D to help determine creative solutions to deliver upon pervasive commercial needs. In addition, you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
- Act as the product management team’s primary ambassador to the sales function, engaging in commercial activities in a highly responsive, transparent and empowered manner
- Handle/disposition all incoming product requests from sales globally with the objective of helping to close more business more decisively
- Regularly empower the channel by providing customer-tailored, killer competitive arguments based on your understanding of the sales opportunity and UR’s competitive strengths as they apply to that opportunity.
- Maintain strong relationships with key channel partners by traveling within region, attending/supporting trade shows and customer/partner visits as needed
- Align with fellow product managers in the development a three-year roadmap for our products based on field-based opportunities that you uncover through your work
- Know why we are winning and losing in the market. Work with your peer product managers to drive changes to our product and processes to create improvements in close rate.
Who are we looking for?
We expect our future colleague in this role to come with 3+ years of marketing, development, sales, and/or product management experience. It’s absolutely key that you are tech savvy and passionate about industrial assembly products, and that you have excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties. Furthermore, we are looking for someone who can meet the following requirements:
- Experience designing, installing, supporting, integrating, or interacting with industrial equipment within manufacturing environments, ideally in applications such as welding, material handling, packaging, palletizing, finishing, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of the technical and business considerations that drive decisions made in selecting industrial equipment for manufacturing applications.
- Skilled at building rapport and relationships with individuals and groups through an outgoing, poised and persuasive communication style.
- Initiative, coupled with a sense of competitive drive and urgency, and the ability to stay focused on results despite changing conditions. Skilled at multi-tasking
- Self-assurance, and the confidence to purposely drive toward results while constantly problem-solving and engaging the commitment of others is essential.
- Experience working with international peers located in (sometimes vastly) different time zones.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups.
- Subject matter expert/industry experience a strong plus.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office, Project or Basecamp.
- Preferably has a technical college degree in engineering, manufacturing, or related field.
This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites up to 35 percent.
Ready to apply?
Send your application as soon as possible. We take candidates into the recruitment process on a continuous basis.
Join Universal Robots
We are a diverse group of smart, creative people working at the forefront of collaborative robotics. Our robotics arms help our customers improve productivity and profitability and create a safer work environment.
Together, we find innovative solutions to some of the most important manufacturing issues facing businesses today. And we dare to do what others find impossible – working towards making leading-edge technologies a reality for businesses of all sizes.