Who We Are:
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, we make it possible for shoppers in the US, UK, Germany, and Canada to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 20 million items across home furnishings, decor, home improvement, housewares, and more. Committed to delighting our customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes from product discovery to final delivery.
The Storefront Platforms team builds and supports platforms which collectively refer to the foundational services, technologies, frameworks, libraries, tools and design assets that support application development.
About the team:
The members of Wayfairs Data Science come from a range of high quantitative backgrounds (think astrophysics, economics, cognitive science, and operations research) and are from a wide variety of countries (Belgium, Brazil, and Taiwan, to name a few). Whether theyve got a background in academic statistics or work experience in a quantitative field, all our team members have a knack for computational complexity, can think fast and are given the opportunity to make an impact.
What motivates us?
The projects that our teams work on are driven from the ground up we look for entrepreneurial individuals that want to take ownership over their own agenda and thrive in a collaborative team environment. Many of our projects are new and mostly projects that have never been worked on before.
What You'll Do:
- Create and build a world-class data science and machine learning organization.
- Develop and mentor a cross-functional science team across all levels of seniority
- Act as a trusted mentor and advisor to others within our technology organization, specifically around optimization, process definition, and execution
- Recognize gaps in Wayfairs machine learning, data science and analytics gaps. Identify new business opportunities.
- Execute on new ideas that have an outsized, significant and lasting impact
- Stretch our thinking and infuse the next big thing for ML, Data Science and Analytics at Wayfair.
- Partner with our machine learning infrastructure teams and machine learning platform teams to ensure that we are deploying the right ML infra/platform.
- Own data velocity
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years of experience in engineering leadership, with a preference for candidates with a mix of start-up and large-company experience (and/or candidates who have been responsible for services transformations within large companies)
- Breadth of experience in large scale ML, Data Science and Analytics
- Track record of scaling data science at orgs going through massive growth
- Ability to build a vision for data ML, Data Science and Analytics
- Proficient history of building and transforming data science teams that innovate rapidly, deliver results, and ready the business for next-levels of scale
- Entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and desire to build in rapidly changing environments
- Demonstrated organizational and analytical skills with hypothesis-driven problem solving and turning data into actionable insights
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated experience navigating a complex organization and generating buy-in for plans
- Experience with high-growth environments at scale
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.