Office Tour Photos
Global Head of Global Competitive Intelligence
Do you believe in the power of big data to meaningfully shape business decisions across an organization? Are you excited about cultivating a massive, highly dynamic, proprietary data asset central to Wayfairs business strategy and operations? Are you a visionary and problem solver with a bias toward action and results? If so, you may be the perfect fit for an exciting role at Wayfair.
Since its inception just over two years ago, the Competitive Intelligence team has quickly become engrained in many mission critical functions across the company such as pricing, assortment, merchandising, and delivery. With one of the largest databases of products sold in the home space, this team is constantly developing creative ways to tap into the full power of big data by working collaboratively across the organization to identify and pursue new uses cases. This is not your traditional competitive strategy function; instead, big data is at the heart of everything we do to drive very tangible business returns for Wayfair.
We are looking for a leader with a passion for using data to drive transformative change, who deploys a pragmatic, quantitative, analytical approach, is highly attuned to technology-driven solutions and process management, is unafraid of ambiguity, and is used to working on complex problems alongside very high caliber peers in a roll-up-your-sleeves environment.
This is a unique opportunity to work at the forefront of competitive intelligence and lead a team of analysts, engineers, and data scientists to develop innovative, game-changing capabilities that set Wayfair apart from the pack.
What You'll Do
- Build upon and reimagine the vision and strategic roadmap for a truly cutting edge competitive intelligence function
- Lead a 50+ person team encompassing product management of a cutting-edge data acquisition platform, large scale data acquisition operations, development of data science algorithms, and an analytics and insights function that taps into the full power and value of the data
- Partner with business leaders across several key functions to understand strategic knowledge gaps, and develop innovative solutions to generate new processes and insights
- Lead the team in the creation first-of-its kind, data-driven, dynamic tools and recommendations that enable key stakeholders throughout Wayfair to be more efficient, targeted and strategic in their day-to-day decisions
- Develop innovative analytical methodologies to answer strategic business questions across the organization
- Foster a team culture that promotes a strong focus on results & business impact, creativity & innovation, and skills development
What You'll Need
- Bachelors degree from top-tier institution with a distinguished academic record, ideally in a quantitative field (math, economics, statistics, physics, engineering, etc.); MBA Preferred
- 10+ years of work experience at a consulting, technology, or retail firm in an analytical and/or client-facing role
- Excellent communication skills and presence; strong ability to translate complex subjects into easily digestible topics for an executive audience
- Proven track record of working effectively with senior executives on complex problems
- Experience developing a vision and strategic plan then organizing and overseeing a team to execute against it, delivering tangible results
- Strong quantitative skills; demonstrated ability to develop analytical methodologies and assumptions, use data software to conduct the analyses, and synthesize findings
- Process-oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Intellectually curious, high energy, and strong work ethic
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking. No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information
More Jobs From