Sophos evolves to meet every new challenge, protecting more than 400,000 organizations of all sizes in more than 150 countries from today’s most advanced cyberthreats. Powered by SophosLabs, our cloud-native and AI-enhanced solutions are able to adapt and evolve to secure endpoints and networks against never-before-seen cybercriminal tactics and techniques. Managed through our award-winning, cloud-based platform, Sophos Central, our best-of-breed products work together through our unique Synchronized Security system to share threat intelligence and respond to evolving threats. The Sophos suite of products secures networks and endpoints against automated and active-adversary breaches, ransomware, malware, exploits, data exfiltration, phishing, and more.
We are searching for an experienced, pragmatic attorney to join our legal team with responsibility for our global employment practice, particularly in Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific regions.
- Provide practical and timely support to the business on all employment law matters, with specialist expertise in Europe.
- Provide commercially driven assistance on all employee relations matters, such as disciplinary and grievance issues, whistleblowing and long-term sickness.
- Focus on recruiting, hiring, training, performance management, compensation, leaves of absence, return to work and accommodation issues, benefits, individual terminations, group restructuring, et al.
- Advise on dealing with Works Councils on various initiatives, including those in Germany, Austria and France.
- Work with external counsel to defend employment litigation.
- Advise on executive agreements, compensation and equity treatment.
- Support HR in the development of employment policies and benefits globally.
- Draft and maintain precedents including offer letters, employment agreements, confidentiality agreements, policies and procedures.
- Draft and negotiate agreements for consultants, recruitment companies and employment agencies.
- Support merger, acquisition, restructuring and integration activities.
- Deliver employment law training to HR team members and business managers.
- Work collaboratively with legal in addition to building strong relationships with relevant internal groups including HR, finance, operations and others.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified solicitor
- 8+ years of relevant post qualified experience, including in-house experience preferably with a high-tech company
- Proven ability to translate technical knowledge into pragmatic advice that appropriately balances legal risks with commercial needs
- Experience handling cross border employment law matters arising across Europe and Asia Pacific
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to successfully interact with senior management
- Self-starter with ability to execute tasks efficiently with sound business judgment and attention to detail
- Ability to manage and prioritize a complex workload
Job Code: 3850
Sophos is committed to equality opportunity in all areas of its work. All qualified applicants will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.