General Manager, Physical Retail Stores
Role: General Manager, Physical Retail Stores
Location: Boston, MA
Reports to: Chief Product & Marketing Officer
Wayfair is looking for a proven, innovative leader to lead its foray into physical retail. This leader is accountable for both defining vision and driving execution to create compelling omni-channel experiences that drive up long-term customer satisfaction and loyalty. As an extension of Wayfair’s mission to transform how people shop for their homes, physical retail will open the door for new technology-enabled and service-focused experiences that help customers experience the Wayfair brand, explore our catalog, seek out help from product and design experts, and ultimately furnish the homes they love with more confidence, ease, and satisfaction.
This is an incredible opportunity for a strong leader to help redefine the physical retail landscape in the home category. The GM will oversee and be accountable for all aspects of store experience design, in-store technology development, store operations management, and store performance management with overall P&L accountability for the channel. This leader must be adept at creating a shared vision and driving a coordinated effort across our Merchandising, Sales, Service, Marketing, Category Management, Logistics, Engineering, Design, Analytics, and Executive teams.
Build physical retail channel for Wayfair driving material gains in long-term customer growth, satisfaction, and loyalty:
- Define vision for and drive launch and ongoing management of Wayfair physical retail experiences.
- Own the P&L for the channel driving sustainable long-term customer growth, satisfaction, and loyalty.
- Embrace technology and service as core pillars to create differentiated retail experience that wows our customers and resets the bar for expectations in the industry.
- Define, pilot, and rapidly iterate the in-store experience. Drive expansion based on pilot success.
- Build up and lead cross-functional team to deliver the vision.
- Work closely with executive team and key leaders across Wayfair to ensure the vision aligns with broader company objectives.
- 12+ years experience, ideally combining strong analytical or strategy consulting experience with 3+ years of General Management/ operating experience with proven track-record of success in new, ground-breaking areas
- 6+ years experience successfully managing and developing large, highly effective teams
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience with hypothesis-driven learning and turning data into actionable insights
- Superior communication skills with demonstrated ability to navigate a complex organization and generate buy-in for ideas and plans
- Seasoned in managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, communication across teams
- Able to pivot readily and react to real-time data
- Excel in a data-driven business environment
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills including experience managing high performing teams
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with a bias for action and ability to deal with extreme ambiguity and rapidly changing environments
- Bachelor’s degree in either a technology or business discipline preferred, MBA a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair believes everyone should live in a home they love. Through technology and innovation, Wayfair makes it possible for shoppers to quickly and easily find exactly what they want from a selection of more than 10 million items across home furnishings, décor, home improvement, housewares and more. Committed to delighting its customers every step of the way, Wayfair is reinventing the way people shop for their homes - from product discovery to final delivery.
The Wayfair family of sites includes:
- Wayfair, an online destination for all things home
- Joss & Main, where beautiful furniture and finds meet irresistible savings
- AllModern, unbelievable prices on everything modern
- Birch Lane, a collection of classic furnishings and timeless home décor
- Perigold, unparalleled access to the finest home décor and furnishings
Wayfair generated $5.2 billion in net revenue for the twelve months ended March 31, 2018. Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts with operations throughout North America and Europe, the company employs more than 8,700 people.