General Manager, Emerging Verticals
EverQuote is seeking a strategic product owner to take over and head up our Life Insurance Vertical. This product owner will apply a deep knowledge of performance marketing, consumer experience, marketplace platforms and model optimization in leading a team of Analysts, Engineers and Business Development personnel down the road you have put in place.
As the product owner for our Emerging Verticals, you will be responsible for developing and driving the overall channel strategy, identifying growth opportunities, driving the strategic development of partners and growing and developing relationships at all levels of the vertical.
The core purpose of this role will be to own and develop EverQuote's Emerging Verticals, namely to grow revenue by increasing consumer volume, conversion rate and LTV, improving provider ROI.
- Focused business ownership. You will drive our go-to-market approach, including pricing, marketing, and distribution engagement, all of which are grounded in data driven research.
- Prioritizing what to focus on and when. There are countless ways we can improve our product. You will size and prioritize the opportunities, to maximize our ROI, and strike the right balance between short term wins and longer term investments.
- Building business cases and analytical insight for new initiatives. This requires identifying and understanding key issues, quantitatively analyzing these issues, and communicating key insights and results
- Driving sustainable growth. Youll define success metrics for new projects and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving toward our defined goals
- Managing and influencing a cross functional, matrixed team of engineers, analysts, sales leadership and product managers to drive the business forward.
- Impactful Strategy. You will be responsible for setting the vision, roadmap and overall strategy for impactful growth and tying it back to broader company wide goals.
- Support and lead product development. As a both a contributor and leader, ensure that were clearly communicating the problem were trying to solve and how were measuring our success to key members of the team: PMs, developers, designers and other supporting roles.
- You have 7+ years of General Management experience, ideally with experience in P&L management. 2+ years of management experience within a product team or cross functional teams.
- You have a BS/BA or equivalent experience (MBAs are great but not a requirement).
- You know your way around data: collecting, reporting and sharing it.
- You can demonstrate successful execution of a customer-centric product strategy.
- Uses a combination of metrics, research and intuition to evaluate opportunities, establish roadmaps and build solutions.
- You ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner, acknowledging mistakes, learning from them and always moving forward productively.
- Excellent communication to effectively and efficiently articulate both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual contributors. Ability to write and or guide clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Exercises good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal. We save consumers and insurance providers time and money by operating the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online