Our ambition is to build the worlds largest online specialty retailers with our Specialty Retail Brands - AllModern, Birch Lane, Joss & Main. The market opportunity is large ($60B TAM) and we are well on our way. We are looking for a General Manager to drive the next phase of growth for the Birch Lane brand. The ideal candidate is a seasoned leader with a track record of building a brand and a business in the retail space. Our Specialty Retail Brands operate like venture-backed start-ups within Wayfairs already entrepreneurial culture. To be successful in this role, you must get energy from operating amidst ambiguity, setting a vision and also rolling up your sleeves, and, being a fierce advocate and brand steward with senior leadership, cross-functional peers and the core team.
What youll do as GM:
- Be fully responsible for the financial success of the brand
- Drive evolution of the strategy, navigating the business through direct share gain from established players as well as whitespace opportunities
- Ensure fast and flawless execution across a highly cross-functional team, influencing through direct and indirect reports and peers
- Make data-driven decisions in our test-and learn culture to validate hypotheses and inform business priorities
- Directly manage a team of ~25 across two disciplines - merchandising (curation, supplier management) and promotions and content (promotional and content planning, omnichannel brand/content execution)
- Indirectly manage a cross-functional team of 60-80 (across Marketing, Storefront, etc.) in your role as head of the brand
What we are looking for:
- 15+ years of relevant experience, including 3+ years in an operating role in retail
- Track record of successfully leading large scale, highly cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated results on self-initiated vision/strategy, from opportunity identification to stakeholder alignment to delivered impact
- Background in data driven decision making, coupled with having an appreciation for design, brand and consumer experience
- Ability to inspire an internal team through challenges and uncertainty and instill confidence with external partners (suppliers, influencers, media)
- Experience communicating, collaborating and delivering business results with C-Suite
- Held positions of commensurate scope, responsibility, complexity and accountability
- Entrepreneurial-minded leader, who has been successful operating in a dynamic, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.