Full Stack Software Engineer
Are you hungry to be multi-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and an inspiring technical leader for the organization? Do you relish the opportunity to frequently validate, release and improve the code that you develop? Can you take on vital initiatives and duties for the company, spark and lead discussion, and help establish the companys technical direction while providing timely and quality support and education across the organization?
As a Full Stack Engineer at Ellevation, you play a key role in building dynamic web applications and services, help implement complex data and API integrations, and drive the conception-to-design-to-implementation product development process.
You help define our software architecture principles and standards through direct coding activities. Your ideas translate our product and business strategy into technical solutions. You research and evaluate new technologies and figure out how, when, and where they will apply to our engineering roadmap.
We value principles such as continuous integration, loose coupling, and SOA. As an integral member of our engineering group, you create, contribute to, and own pieces of our software development platform and ecosystem. Just as important, we want engineers who want to be in a startup, have tremendous communication skills, and are motivated and self-starters. This is a tremendous opportunity to help build the engineering foundation of the company.
- You have at 3-5 years of technical expertise, including recent engineering experience with high-performance, enterprise-facing websites and/or SaaS platforms.
- You have demonstrated success working in and promoting a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment.
- You value clean and elegant but pragmatic and effective software design.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate cross-functionally.
- You able to work hard while maintaining attention to detail, with a sense of urgency.
- You can communicate clearly both orally and verbally to audiences of varying technical knowledge.
- Your commitment to continuous improvement and the mission is second to none, as is your desire to focus your talents on helping improve outcomes for others.
- C#, ASP.NET MVC, .NET programming for web applications
- Design patterns, OO concepts and applications, refactoring and Software as a Service (SaaS) development
- SQL Server or RDBMS (SQL, query tuning, and optimization)
Bonus points for any of the following experience/expertise:
- Entity Framework
- JSON/REST-based web services and API design
- Comfortable in front of a whiteboard and discussing both high level architecture and as well as coding/algorithms.
- Good analytical problem solver and an extraordinary teammate.
- Experience at an internet startup or early stage company a plus.
- Can identify creative and innovative solutions in a high-availability, rapidly-scaling enterprise environment.
- Contributes direct and constructive feedback in code reviews, design reviews, and analyzing customer challenges.
Our Engineering Culture:
At Ellevation, we are organized into small, cross-functional teams that are motivated to meet or exceed high-level objectives in service of our customers. We focus on outcomes over output and our teams are empowered to research, prototype, and develop MVPs to solicit user feedback and validate hypotheses. We measure and rapidly iterate so that the end result is a high-confidence, high-value product. To avoid silos and over-specialization, team members work together closely for 9-12 months so that they develop deep expertise, productive working relationships, and have the runway to experiment and learn from failure while tackling tricky challenges.
Thought diversity is a core principle for Ellevation Engineering. Our engineers feel comfortable and confident to voice their ideas and opinions, even if we disagree, because this is how we arrive at the best ideas that lead us to optimal results. We value best-practice software engineering principles such as continuous integration, loose coupling, and SOA. As a small technology company, we seek individuals who are willing to be cross-functional, hands-on in multiple areas, and a technical thought leader for the organization.
You are expected to take on and own vital initiatives and duties for the company, spark and lead discussion, and help establish the companys technical direction while providing timely and quality support and education across the organization. This is a tremendous opportunity to help build the engineering foundation of the company.
You can learn more about our team here: