Office Tour Photos
EF High School Exchange Year connects thousands of international exchange students with caring host families across the United States. Together we bring cultures together, open communities to the wider world, and create lifelong friendships that span the globe. EF High School Exchange Year is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
EF High School Exchange Year is looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer to join our fun, energetic and growing team. We are looking for someone who is excited about learning new technologies and applying the best of whats out there to constantly improve our systems. Enthusiasm and fantastic communication skills will make you an irresistible candidate !
How to coordinate thousands of high school aged students from around the world and match them with willing host parents in the US and abroad while finding schools that will accept and teach them. Also, managing the visa process, their parents and the flights necessary to make it all happen.
The Journey from Brownfield to Greenfield
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will play crucial role in our journey to develop next generation of Progressive web applications and micro-services while migrating legacy systems. You would have a lot of freedom to make decisions about our tech-stack, systems, tools and patterns. We are looking for a passionate candidate who thrives in a collaborative, cooperative environment.
The candidate would help fellow engineers by developing software solutions to the complex business problems surrounding the high school exchange process. You will be coordinating with UX experts, internal/external customers and Business Analysts to help solve these problems. As a successful candidate you will demonstrate your mastery of coding and passion for technology.
- Designing overall architecture of our web and business applications
- Building applications with Vue, Angular and React
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS
- Experienced with back-end programming languages (Node.js, .NET, Java)
- Proactive communicator who can collaborate with other team-members to ensure successful completion of shared tasks
- Understanding of relational and non-relational databases (SQL, noSQL, Elasticsearch, Postgres)
- Development experience on mobile, web and progressive web apps
- Passion for technology and avid follower of the industry
- Master of source control (Git)
- Self-starter who can work independently without a lot of supervision
Additional Skills (nice to have):
- Experience with a modern headless CMS
- Experience with TypeScript
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks like Jest
- Experience with GraphQL using frameworks such as Apollo
Lets talk about the Perks:
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Discounts on travel
- Three weeks paid vacation for your first year and then four weeks after your first year
- Free language classes, taught in-house
- Access to a brand-new fitness center and rock-climbing wall on the EF campus
- A restaurant and bar located in 2 of our EF campus buildings
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about EF High School Exchange Year, visit https://www.efexchangeyear.org
For more information about our career opportunities, visit www.careers.ef.com
More Jobs From