Office Tour Photos
Who We Are
We are looking for a full-stack engineer to help us build new storytelling products that will be used by publishers as well as our very own internal global curation team. Our team is based on the east coast with team members located in Twitter’s New York and Boston offices. We plan regular team meetups in New York, Boston, and San Francisco and place a strong emphasis on flexible working hours to support healthy work-life balance.
Our current React applications are heavily used by our internal curation team and we want to open the doors to external publishers. We are planning to completely rewrite the external website that our users currently use. We will be working closely with the teams that develop Twitter.com, Media Studio, and Tweetdeck to build a new unified web stack across the company that will allow all web development teams to share UI components and code.
Who You Are
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching)
- An eagle-eye for detail and a passion for quality
- A focused approach to testing and quality assurance
- Understanding of CS concepts including common data structures and algorithms
- Full-stack experience using REST or GraphQL APIs
- Experience with product managers, designers and backend engineers
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Strong knowledge of design patterns, test-driven development, and consumption of web services
- A desire to gain experience building backend services
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Desired (not required):
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
- Scala or Java experience
- Data-informed product development: analytics, A/B testing, etc.
Engineering Hiring Process
Once your application is received, a recruiter will reach out pending your qualifications are a match for the role.
If your background is a match, you may have 1-2 technical phone interviews or be given the chance to provide a work sample depending on the role.
If the phone interviews go well or your work sample is strong, the final step includes interviews with 5-6 people held onsite in our office.
More Jobs From