There's going to come a day when you need to get something notarized. When that day comes, wouldn't you rather do it from your kitchen? In the same time it takes to make a sandwich?
Notarize is the first on-demand notary platform, allowing anyone to notarize a document online and empowering businesses to send, track and collect notarizations. We're helping people execute the most important transactions of their lives and streamlining operations for countless industries.
We're looking for talented Full-Stack Developers to join our growing team in Back Bay, Boston. You'll be part of a multi-functional team, working with designers, front-end and back-end developers, product managers and our senior leadership team as you design, build and extend systems to support our consumer-facing products.
- We currently use Rails 5, React.js, and GraphQL with Apollo, but we consider ourselves platform agnostic. A willingness to learn and experiment with new tech is much more important than hands-on experience with our current stack.
What you'll do as a Full-Stack Engineer:
- Design, build, extend, and support a highly available and scalable infrastructure
- Be involved in all phases of development, from ideation to release and tracking and analyzing the impact of shipped features
- Thoroughly test your own code, from unit tests to automated end-to-end tests
- Ship code in weekly sprints
- Provide leadership and critical input on the design of our technologies and services
- Participate in daily stand-ups, software design sessions, code reviews, and sprint retrospectives
What you'll bring:
- Hands-on experience building and shipping software and web applications
- Curiosity about new technologies and a desire to always use the best tools for the job
- Ability to contribute effectively on any part of the stack - from back-end services to data layers to web interfaces
- Belief in thorough unit test coverage
- Desire to create quality products and tools that people can actually use
Our Engineering Culture:
- Learn it: Notarize has a strong focus on mentorship, with regular 1:1s, reviews, and check-ins to ensure that you are learning & growing as an engineer. Your manager will help you set personal goals, support your learning, and track your progress against those goals, to encourage you in the growth of your career, wherever it may take you.
- Communicate it: You'll be part of a small, cross-functional team (no silos) with a highly collaborative process that values thoughtful communication, not just with other engineers but with all parts of the organization.
- Ship it: We have a very tight (almost continuous) deployment cycle. We ship code 1x/week with some nightly builds (both web & mobile), with a focus on small features & improvements (no monster merges).
- Fix it: Were a small startup with big plans, and theres so much to do. Whether its an antiquated legal process, an edge-case user interaction, a quirky piece of code, or a desk that hasnt been put together yet, we show up every day with the goal of digging in and leaving something better than we found it.
Some of our benefits:
- Competitive salaries & equity
- Heavily subsidized medical, dental, and vision
- Unlimited PTO & flexible work schedules
- Choice of equipment
- Small, cross-functional teams
- Strong emphasis on collaboration & mentorship
- Friday lunches & regular Lunch & Learn sessions
- Seltzer & cold brew on tap
- Fun & easily accessible location (Back Bay, right near the Pru)
Notarize is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and everyone is encouraged to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We'd love to hear from you.