Full Stack Engineer
ChaosSearch is a well-funded startup that signed a new $40M round of funding in late 2020. Our mission is to enable every organization to have fast and easy access to data. Our cloud-built Data Lake engine delivers instant elasticity and unlimited scale, secure data access and disruptive pricing for Log and BI analytics.
Last year was a record breaking year for ChaosSearch. We tripled our customer base, increased revenue close to 8X, launched ChaosSearch 2.0 and ended the year with a $40 Million Series B financing round. We are building on this success and adding to our team in 2021. The time to join couldnt be better.
Do you have a passion for the craft of software development, and want to work at a rapidly growing, agile, and cloud-native technology company that is devoted to customer engagement and innovation?
Youll work with a team of like-minded startup entrepreneurs and technologists with a mission to create something extraordinary through patented technology. ChaosSearch is looking for people who love working on wonderfully interesting and yes hard problems. And so, if you have a passion for cloud, databases, distributed systems, computer science, and of course customers, we are looking for you!
Being a member of our Engineering team means you will have the opportunity to learn from our Founder, CTO, Thomas Hazel. Check out our Founders Story. Thomas has built an exceptional team of smart, fun engineers who will help you learn everything you need to know.
- Collaborate with the Management, Product Management, Architects, and existing Engineering teams to design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI/CD and Test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your teams goals.
- Obsess over QUALITY in the product you create and the code you write.
- Mentor junior members of the team to help them develop into world-class software engineers.
- Have the opportunity to contribute to a game-changing SaaS analytics business, become an expert in Cloud Computing, and learn and work with technologies such as Java/Scala/Ruby.
- Develop and foster a DevOps mentality (or experience) taking full ownership for your features from inception to deployment and beyond, automating as much as possible along the way.
- Although you specialize in middle-tier and backend, you are still capable of contributing as a full stack developer.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- Contribute to relevant open-source projects.
- 4+ years of commercial software development experience
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both teach and be taught
- An understanding of team and individual goals; motivation to accomplish them
- Strong programming knowledge: you could or have thrived in a polyglot environment. If you are interested in learning, were interested in teaching you
- Affection for true agile development delivery and understanding of its importance in creating the most effective product
Pluses if you have or you're willing to learn
- Side-scaled SaaS Applications
- React or Angular
- Highly distributed and multi-threaded software products or solutions; ideally in cloud environments (we anticipate our platform to actively manage hundreds of TBs of data per customer, so think scalability)
- Microservices architecture preferably in leading cloud environments (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Headquartered in Boston, we are conveniently located across the street from TD Garden -- a 60 second walk from North Station and the Orange Line. Besides excellent benefits, we offer a competitive compensation package, career growth, and a hybrid working model. Our culture has been described as a we culture. Were a team building an amazing, successful product and company.
At ChaosSearch, we are committed to building and fostering a culture where everyone feels included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to create a better experience for everyone. However you identify and whatever background you bring, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come to work each day.