Full Stack Developer
Full Stack Developer
Labs @ EF Tours
Cambridge, MA, USA
Who are we and what do we do?
Labs @ EF Tours is the group of engineering and creative professionals empowering EF to send groups of students and educators on guided educational tours across the world. We power every step of our customers journey with us, from showcasing our many tour offerings and personalized itineraries on the web, through to collecting feedback after the tour. Over the course of your career with us, youll have the opportunity to try your hand at everything from designing beautiful customer front end interactions, to solving large scale resource allocation problems, and everything in between.
What specifically will you be doing?
You will be part of a small, cross-functional, largely autonomous product team (around six people), collaborating with developers, designers and the product manager to build modern web apps, tools and enhancements within our larger web ecosystem. As a full stack developer, you will have end-to-end ownership of features and projects, from brainstorming and architecture through to testing, release and maintenance. You will be expected to ensure the software we write is universally high quality, and to support your fellow developers through mentorship, feedback, code reviews, and advancement of internal tools and processes.
In short, you will be doing things like:
- Working with React, Node.JS, Docker, MongoDB and REST APIs in implementing new microservices from the ground up in an efficient and sustainable AWS ecosystem
- Diving deep into the core of some of our most important systems to help refine, refactor, and in some cases, re-implement them
- Working closely with UI and UX designers to build and iterate on our customer experiences
- Identifying and addressing performance issues
- Contributing to the craft of software development by discussing new technologies, patterns and tools, and sharing best practices across the engineering organization
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who is passionate, and thrives in a cooperative environment. Someone who gets excited about new technology and new approaches to enhancing the quality and value of the software we deliver will fit in best with our team.
We ask that you have:
- 4+ years of industry experience developing applications Node.JS and any web framework, such as Express (or demonstrable skills in another equivalent stack)
- Previous success developing, shipping and maintaining a large-scale web application with a user-empathetic mindset
- Enthusiasm for technology at EF, and an aptitude for learning and using new technologies
- Desire to grow outside your technical comfort zone, give and receive and constructive criticism
- Proven analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
Other useful skills include:
- Experience with Agile/Scrum/Kanban methodologies
- Experience with unit testing using frameworks like Jest
- Experience with GraphQL using frameworks such as Apollo
- Experience with Sitecore (or another popular CMS)
- Enthusiasm to work anywhere in the stack, especially in unfamiliar areas
- Enthusiasm for modern DevOps practices (including containerization and Kubernetes deployments)
Lets talk about The Perks.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without too, of course)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A restaurant and bar right inside our building
- Discounts on EF products including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line family health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
EF is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and if there is anything we can do to create a more comfortable interview experience for you, please let us know.