Jellyfish is creating a platform that will change the way organizations measure their software development efforts and improve strategic decision-making.
As a member of the engineering team at Jellyfish, you'll be working closely with other team members and our customers as we expand and refine what our platform can do, while helping to shape how we work together as our team grows. You might be building new ways of visualizing our data, improving the usability of our web app, or prototyping experimental new features.
We're a small team today, growing into a larger team over the coming months and years. There's a lot of work to do, and we'd love your help.
- You know how to build and support production web applications
- You are a strong programmer with expertise at least one web framework, and are open-minded and excited to learn new ones
- You can contribute in areas of the stack besides the frontend
- You have familiarity with usability testing and optimization
- You are great at asking questions, figuring out what needs to be done, building consensus, and executing
- You consider both the needs of the user and the needs of the business when designing a solution
- You love learning new things and sharing knowledge with others
- You have strong communication skills, and enjoy working as part of a team
Bonus points if:
- You have a visual design sensibility an addition to being a hands-on builder
- You have experience building applications that ingest, process, and analyze large amounts of data
- You have pragmatic opinions about React's approach vs. traditional request/response and how to make them work together effectively
- You have worked at small startup before and loved it
- You bring experience and opinions about the different ways engineering teams can work and the tools they use
Location: on-site in Boston
We believe that it takes a diverse team to build the best company we can. Jellyfish welcomes people from all backgrounds and especially encourages applications from members of groups underrepresented in the software industry.