Front End Engineer
America's Test Kitchen is seeking a smart, energetic, Front-End Web Developer with 3+ years of strong project-based experience who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate an ability to complete complex, time-sensitive projects successfully as an individual contributor or as part of a team. Experience with Responsive Design across phone, tablet and desktop is a must.
Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX team and designers to bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works. If you have a passion for the Web and an insatiable desire to innovate and learn new technologies we want to talk to you.
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Skills And Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX using APIs
- Familiarity with build tools such as gulp or webpack a plus
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks (Rails, Go, Node) a plus
- Bonus points for experience with PWA, AMP, and successful upgrades to yield high Google page speed score
Qualified candidates should send a cover letter, salary requirements, resume and link to a GitHub profile.