Front End Developer
We are looking for a seasoned hands-on Software Engineer who thoroughly understands building modern web portals using the latest front-end technologies, is passionate about software development and providing a great customer experience. We are seeking someone who has extensive hands-on industry experience and front-to-back understanding of multi-tier web applications that are at the core of business.
You will have the opportunity to play a key role in implementing the next generation of Carbonite’s web applications. Your focus will be on helping Carbonite to deliver better solutions to our business partners and customers while reducing our costs and improving our efficiency.
Engineers on the SaaS team believe in doing things right and refactoring when they’re not. We’re a close-knit, non-dogmatic group that loves working together on different types of technology. We are running a Scrum software development process and are cranking out some very complex, high quality products. A working knowledge of common software design patterns, data structures and algorithms are required for this position.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Get a “lay of the land:” gain familiarity with Carbonite culture and organization.
- Build a solid understanding of the SaaS Team’s code base, technical infrastructure, and development practices.
- Participate in the team’s Scrum development process.
- Actively contribute to front-end features under development using React, TypeScript, and Redux
Six to Twelve Months and Beyond:
- Work with the Carbonite UX team to create a great web experience for our customers.
- Work closely with both developers and testers in an integrated team to deliver shippable software that meets customer expectations and supports the business's goals.
- Bring a fresh perspective to the table and make meaningful suggestions for increasing the quality of our code, technical infrastructure and architecture.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Excellent technical skills
- Willingness and desire to work with QE, Product Management and other departments within Carbonite to build great products
- Ability to deliver high-quality code in a timely fashion
- Experience and understanding of building mission-critical web applications
- Creativity and a passion for web development
- Comfortable working with ambiguous requirements and presenting affective options to Product Management
- Desire to learn and develop new skills
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of Software Engineering experience
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, MVC a plus
- Experience working with common relational databases (SQL Server, MySQL, Postgres) a plus
- Knowledge of Git
- Experience with Python
- Has worked in an Agile environment
- Hands on experience designing and building resilient multi-tier web portals
- Experience with SaaS/eCommerce applications a plus
- Knowledge of common software design patterns
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.