Front End Automation Engineer
Rethink Robotics has pioneered the development of smart, collaborative robots that can operate safely next to people in a wide range of manufacturing, production and research & education environments. Founded in 2008 by renowned roboticist Rodney Brooks, the company is successfully introducing robots into organizations and applications for which robots have historically been impractical. Just as the PC revolutionized the way computers were used by office workers in the era of mainframes, Rethink Robotics is revolutionizing the way people in manufacturing, production, research and education can access and use robots in their jobs.
The Front End Automation Engineer will be part of a dynamic, collaborative team that believes deeply in the value of what we are doing and that we can achieve it. We think big, but we have a bias for action and “making it happen.” While we’re changing the world with our visionary invention, we know that customers only pay for successful execution–so we’re focused on both. We’re out in front anticipating our customers’ needs, ahead of the technology, and ahead of expectations.
Mission & Responsibilities
Rethink Robotics is seeking an experienced web automation engineer to help us build the next generation in collaborative robot training platforms. You will work with a world-class engineering and QA team using the latest in modern web technologies (React, Nodejs, ES6) to build a unique product at the intersection of hardware, software, AI, and IoT.
This key role will be responsible for establishing a front end automation and unit test framework that can ensure the stability, longevity, and quality of our software products. You will be exposed to all levels of the robot stack, from mechanical and electrical systems, to AI and behavioral logic.
As a member of the team, you will:
- Author and maintain an automated test infrastructure for user-facing software
- Work closely with other engineers to understand the UI system architecture and to help others create test suites
- Enable and inspire quality through your well-executed QA systems
- Participate in the planning, development and testing phases of product development
- Define processes and create test systems for simulated longevity testing, pre-commit smoke tests, and nightly test suites
- Stay abreast of the latest in processes and technologies for QA automation
Key Skills & Experience Required
- Launched at least one software product and experience with a full development lifecycle
- 2+ years experience working in a modern web application stack (React, Backbone, Angular, Ember, jQuery, etc.)
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and the DOM
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Direct experience designing and implementing robust test automation frameworks and tools
- Experience working in Linux environment
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Preference to Candidates With:
- Production React experience
- Hands-on experience with ES6 / 2015
- Experience with npm and gulp or webpack
- Experience with continuous integration tools, particularly Jenkins
- Familiarity using source code control systems, especially Git
- Working knowledge of using virtual machine environments or Docker
- Strong understanding of QA Engineering methodologies
- Experience in QA-focused automation in a web-based software product
Interested? Put your best foot forward and submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.