Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
At CarGurus we use data, not hunches, to inform decisions. Product Analysts play a key role in crafting the data narrative for these decisions. We love to collaborate, were excited by a challenge, and we believe that ownership enables us to grow.
As a Fraud Product Analyst working with CarGurus Data Integrity team, you will identify new abuse threats and trends that may pose harm to our customers and partner closely with the Data Integrity operational teams, Product Managers, and Engineers to devise strategies to protect our platform from adversarial actors. Your work will directly improve the digital security of one of the largest vehicle marketplaces in the world.
Our team values diversity in experience and backgroundswe do our best work when we create space for different voices and perspectives. Whatever unique experiences or skill sets you bring, we look forward to learning from each other.
What Youll Do:
- Understand your teams data and business needs and translate those needs into specific analysis that yields measurable insights
- Communicate findings and data insights to your partners to enable them to make data-driven decisions
- Recommend product strategy to reduce the likelihood of abuse in new and existing products
- Perform analysis, deep-dives, and case studies on abuse vectors and trends in CarGurus products
- Run ad-hoc analyses in support of developing and enforcing CarGurus policy
- Conduct investigations on suspicious accounts that violate our terms of service at scale, including but not limited to spam, abuse, compliance, etc.
- Understand and predict the financial and business implications of abuse and misuse on the platform
- Evaluate first- and third-party datasets for use in determining abuse, misuse, and fraud across the platform
- Run post-mortem analyses/success metrics for policy, tool, or operational changes
- Write complex SQL queries that combine multiple sources of data
- Build and maintain Looker dashboards and visualizations
- Identify and track potential new fraud patterns
Who You Are:
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus
- Experience working with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation, and exploration
- Fluency in SQL
- Understanding of statistical concepts
- Proven ability in learning new reporting or BI tools (such as Looker)
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience presenting analyses to key partners at different organizational levels
- Domain knowledge in online fraud/spam/abuse analysis and controversial content
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.