SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, You shouldnt have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
To support this mission, SimpliSafe is seeking a highly motivated, self-starting FP&A Analyst to help us professionalize our FP&A processes and tools. This person will look to leverage best practices of world-class FP&A functions, tailoring these to meet SimpliSafes needs as a fast-growing, agile company. The ideal candidate will have enjoy rolling up their sleevesNo job can be too big or too small for the team driving strategic insight when youre changing the industry!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to contribute directly to our growth and help provide direction to our organization. You will join a small but growing FP&A team and will interact directly with cross functional groups and executive leadership. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a business-critical function in a hyper growth, private equity backed company.
- Work with company leadership to define, measure, and optimize financial success as we continue to deliver on our mission of every home secure
- Form trusted advisory relationships with business partners across the organization
- Play a critical role in helping to manage the performance of your business partners, e.g., budget governance, performance to topline growth and bottom-line profitability targets
- Assist in developing analytical models and recommendations to aid in decision making
- With your in-depth knowledge of the business you support and enable, proactively look for ways to identify and deliver incremental value creation, e.g., cost savings, revenue growth, and share capture
- Support development of the FP&A / corporate development / investor relations function, helping to chart the path for growth as we build a world-class FP&A organization
- Develop, implement, and manage tools and processes to enhance visibility, improve financial controls and efficacy, and aid in decision making
- Assist in preparation of performance reporting packages for key stakeholders
- Provide support for financing and other corporate transactions, as needed
- Ad hoc analyses, as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 1-3 years of experience in a Financial Planning & Analysis a role
- Investment banking, private equity, and/or consulting experience a plus
- Prior experience with consumer products / technology, subscription revenue models, ecommerce, and/or supply chains will be valued
- Demonstrated ability to excel in a fast-paced environment and capacity to efficiently and accurately produce and clearly communicate financial analyses
- Rigorous attention to detail and excellent organization skills; takes a thoughtful approach to auditing own and others work; comfortable producing error-free work product for senior / executive level stakeholders
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Experience with budget / forecast development, establishing KPIs to define success, and profitability & unit economics analyses is ideal
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint, financial modeling, and data analysis
- Prior experience with budgeting tools and/or accounting software a plus
- Strong understanding of GAAP accounting and financial statement modeling
- Team player with an exceptional work ethic;
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem solving
- Bachelors degree