SimpliSafe is looking for a Hardware/Firmware Engineer to design and develop the hardware boards and firmware that drives our award winning wireless/IoT home security system. In this role, you will:
- Design and debughardware for our next generation system
- Design, code and integrate bare-metal firmware for low-powered RF sensors
- Propose innovative hardware/software solutions pertaining to reliability and cost reduction
- Document the design and testing methodologies
- Develop unit test for the verification of code and hardware
- Experience in embedded systems, specifically bare-metal
- Well versed at reading and interpreting schematics and other hardware documentation
- Established understanding of 32/16/8 bit microcontrollers (preferably PIC) and sensor peripherals
- Sub-GHz RF technologies and modulations schemes; WiFi a plus
- Working knowledge of oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, spectrum analyzers, and related test/measurement equipment
- Strong C language skills
- Enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in EE/CS or equivalent
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:Health, dental and vision coverage- We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans Unlimited paid time off- To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek 401k Matching and Company Equity- To help you prepare for the future Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits-To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesnt like free food and drinks?!