We are looking for a Firmware Manager to lead our alarm system firmware development team (currently at 8 engineers and growing). This includes leading, mentoring, and growing the firmware team in the design and support of SimpliSafes current and future alarm products.
- Hands-on coach that leads by example.
- Help drive firmware development strategies, standards, and design practices.
- Technical lead on new firmware projects.
- Balance team allocation across multiple projects.
- Lead hiring, onboarding, and growth of team members through empowering and transparent leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement in embedded software quality and delivery.
- Set individual and team objectives & priorities in partnership with other R&D leaders.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Physics or a related field
- 5 or more years of relevant firmware development experience.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in a firmware leadership capacity
- Direct experience developing single microprocessor/microcontroller instruments using Linux, RTOS, and bare metal.
- Understands best practices of Agile project management, continuous integration, and unit testing.
Simplisafe is a home security company that is based in Boston, MA which creates and sells self-installed security systems. Our company was founded by Chad and Eleanor Laurans in 2006 when they had several friends whose homes were broken into. Chad and Eleanor started designing Simplisafe products in their own home when they realized there werent any solutions available on the market that were geared towards renters. From these humble beginnings, Simplisafe has become a major competitor in the home security market and was recently acquired by private equity firm Hellman & Friedman.
At Simplisafe, we place an emphasis on a no-ego, collaborative culture. From the top down, we all work together to solve the difficult challenges within the home security and IoT industry. We have recently been named in Built In Bostons Best Places to Work in 2019 list and in Wealthfronts 2019 Career Launching Companies list. Like our products, we are constantly evolving to provide the best employment experience possible. If Simplisafe sounds like a company youd enjoy working for, wed love to hear from you!
Benefits & Perks:Health, dental and vision coverage- We cover 85% of plans and offer excellent BCBS HMO/PPO Health plans Unlimited paid time off- To give you the flexibility and work/life balance you seek 401k Matching and Company Equity- To help you prepare for the future Commuter Pre-Tax Benefits-To help cover the costs of transportation and parking at our Downtown Boston HQ Beer Fridays, Bagel Thursdays, Bi-Weekly Lunches, Team and Company Outings We know how to have fun! Besides, who doesnt like free food and drinks?!