WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Were a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
The Financial Operations team at ActBlue ensures the smooth functioning of one of the most complex political financial organizations in the country. The Financial Operations Manager will assist in managing ActBlues unique internal finances, as well as directly managing the Financial Operations Associate(s) on the team. You will also play a central role in ensuring that our systems and processes for compensating employees continue to function seamlessly.
A successful candidate will have previous bookkeeping and payroll experience, be able to effectively prioritize and problem solve, and possess the discretion to handle highly sensitive financial information. A successful candidate must also be able to adapt to our particular financial and bookkeeping requirements and have previous experience effectively managing direct reports. You will report to the Director of Operations and collaborate with members of the Finance and Legal teams alongside members of the People & Culture (HR) team.
- Manage and mentor direct reports to meet deadlines and effectively perform routine tasks, such as: accounts payable, bank deposits, monitoring and recording credit card charges, and staff reimbursements
- Prepare and execute payroll on a biweekly basis and with zero errors for salaried and hourly staff using Fidelity Payroll systems
- Assist with registering the organization as an employer when adding staff in new states
- Prepare the payroll system to operate in new states, and manage tax paperwork and filings in all states where the organization is authorized
- Lead weekly meetings with direct reports to establish priorities, provide support, and develop job training as necessary
- Review staff reimbursement requests to ensure compliance with organizational policies
- Perform bimonthly credit card reconciliations and lead investigation into any discrepancies
- Oversee the organizational travel booking process using TripActions software and field travel-related questions from staff
WHAT YOU BRING:
- 5+ years of bookkeeping or financial experience
- Experience managing direct reports
- Meticulous attention to detail and intolerance for making mistakes
- A logical approach to problem solving and a drive to find the correct answer
- Experience exercising independent and effective judgment when applying internal financial standards
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet hard deadlines, and to help others do so as well
- Ability to adapt and grow professionally as position and responsibilities evolve
- Familiarity with QuickBooks or a similar application
- Experience working remotely and comfort with managing remote direct reports (temporarily)
- Strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Excitement about our mission of empowering grassroots donors and increasing participation in our democracy and society. We love what we do, and you should too!
LOCATION AND COMPENSATION
ActBlues headquarters are located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in office, salaried position based in Somerville, MA.
*In the short term: Due to COVID-19, we have shifted our entire staff to fully remote until June 2021. ActBlue is equipped to have you onboard and begin employment remotely from your home office if you are hired for this role. If working out of our ActBlue offices in Somerville long-term will entail relocation for you, we will work with you directly to make sure youre able to relocate in a reasonable time frame once ActBlue resumes standard in-office work patterns.
We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits or home office stipend; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; a generous professional development stipend; three months paid parental leave for all genders, adoptions included; and a flexible time off policy.
Salary Range: $80,000 - $110, 000 depending on experience
Women, people of color, LGBTQIA2S+ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply. ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.
More Jobs From