iZotope: Financial Controller
Office Tour Photos
iZotope is seeking a highly motivated, experienced Financial Controller to join our team and report directly to the CFO. You’d be responsible for managing the entire accounting process to ensure effective internal controls over financial matters as well as accurate and timely financial reporting. You would also be instrumental in designing and implementing next-gen operational and financial support as iZotope continues on its growth trajectory. As a senior member of the Finance team, you’d be providing leadership, technical expertise and management acumen in systems, processes and reporting. This is a role that has a significant amount of cross-functional exposure, so you would be expected to collaboratively work across the organization to solve problems and advance projects.
- Responsible for all aspects of accounting: revenue accounting, g/l, payroll, cash management, equity accounting and tax compliance, consolidations and reporting.
- Complete month-end process, including a comprehensive set of GAAP based financial statements.
- Ensure revenue recognition is applied appropriately. Evaluate new products and make recommendations as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Establish and maintain internal control framework and proper segregation of duties.
- Manage annual audit including timely and accurate preparation of audit schedules.
- Manage bank relationships, including compliance with debt covenants.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Perform technical accounting research and document the company’s conclusions.
- Purchase accounting for any M&A activities as well as integration of any finance functions
- Monitor accounting literature for new rules and reporting requirements that potentially impact the company; lead the implementation of any new standards.
- Collaborate with FP&A to analyze and summarize business and financial results for management.
- Support FP&A related activities and assist in the preparation of annual budget.
- Represent finance in cross-functional project teams.
- Other duties as assigned, commensurate with the level and scope of the position.
- Bachelors in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA preferred with 6+ years related experience in progressive roles within public and private industry, and including full-cycle accounting experience including preparation of financial statements.
- Preferred, but not required, experience in foreign currency accounting.
- Good interpersonal skills, must be a leader with focus on developing team members
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and progressively drive change throughout the accounting function to meet the evolving needs of the organization.
- Experience working in a technology high-growth-oriented company required.
- Experience with Cloud ERP’s (NetSuite, Adaptive, etc)
- Expertise in office productivity software (such as Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Strong grasp on state and federal taxes; US GAAP, and financial reporting.
- Capable of leading large projects, such as implementation of accounting software, and working with teams to accomplish cross-functional results.
- Previous experience with software revenue recognition rules (ASC 606, SOP 97-2) and applicable equity accounting rules is a plus.
- 2-3 years of management experience, including management of monthly close process and a team of 3+ staff members.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and internal control and process improvement experience required
This opportunity is a full-time position located in Cambridge, MA. Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. office location.
iZotope makes Emmy-winning audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products. We are a rapidly growing team of highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we create and listen to audio.