We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join the team. This role will be an integral part of the Corporate FP&A team and will have a broad range of responsibilities including forecasting operating expenses, headcount and partnering with departmental leads to prepare budgets and review business performance. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- As the primary finance contact you will build strong business partner relationships with key business leaders across the People Operations, Finance and Legal functions
- Construct and maintain detailed financial models and be able to communicate their outcomes and make recommendations effectively
- Assist in the creation and delivery of several key documents for the corporate leadership team, including but not limited to forecast packages, forecast commentary, actuals commentary, risks and opportunities.
- As an essential part of the Corporate FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Adhoc projects
- Support preparation of presentation material for Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Plan Reviews
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting or forecasting, or in a related finance function
- Extreme attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Experience with a forecasting tools such as Hyperion Planning and Essbase skills are a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people