TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
This role will be an integral part of the Corporate Financial, Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team with a focus business partnership and supporting Corporate functions. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- Update and maintain detailed financial models and be able to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively
- Work closely with teams in the Corporate People Operations, Real Estate, Finance, and IT departments to accurately forecast headcount and direct costs, accurately forecast rent, facilities and capital expenditures.
- As an essential part of the Corporate FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Adhoc projects
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3+ years of experience in financial planning, budgeting or forecasting, or in a related finance function
- Extreme attention to detail
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstrated passion for using data to drive decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people