TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
This role will be an integral part of the TripAdvisor Hotels Financial, Planning & Analysis team and will have a broad range of responsibilities including forecasting Headcount and People Cost and partnering with other team members to prepare budgets and review business performance. This role requires an independent, proactive and organized candidate who will adapt well in a dynamic environment.
- Develop deep understanding of Hotels business goals and investment against those goals
- Construct detailed financial models utilizing Hyperion Essbase, WorkDay, and Excel and be able to communicate outcomes and recommendations effectively
- Work closely with accounting team to ensure expenses are properly recorded and work with business partners to understand significant variances between forecast and actual results
- Develop and apply an advanced technical understanding of Hyperion Systems
- Assist FP&A team on reporting actual and forecast variances on a monthly basis to Senior Management, including Management and Chief Accounting Officer
- As an essential part of the FP&A team you will be expected to be flexible and assist with Ad Hoc analyses
- Work closely with analytics and systems teams to automate data preparation and reporting, from conceptualization to spec-writing and implementation
- Support preparation of presentation material for Quarterly Business Reviews and Annual Plan Reviews
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- MBA a big plus
- Strong relationship building experience with ability to guide and influence key business unit owners
- Thorough knowledge of Excel and its data and analysis tools
- Hyperion Planning and Hyperion Essbase skills a plus
- Strong qualitative and quantitative skills, with a demonstratedpassion for using data to derive insights and support decision making
- Extremely organized with the ability to contribute to multiple projects within tight time lines
- A team player, able to step in and help out other members of the team when needed
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances and understand the root cause
- An individual who is able to work effectively in a complex, changing environment and to adapt to change while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Strong presentation skills
In addition the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
Must be able to perform customary physical duties and meet appropriate social expectations of a professional office environment.
TripAdvisor is an Equal Opportunity Employer
***This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization. ***