Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Financial Analyst to join the team at EverQuote! EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal. We save consumers and insurance providers time and money by operating the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
- Own and update the financial forecast based on actuals, trends, hiring plans, new initiatives, capital expenditures, etc.
- Partner with Business and Finance leaders to complete annual budgeting and quarterly forecasting processes through financial modeling, analysis, and decision support
- Perform actual vs. plan and year-over-year variance analysis to identify trends and key growth drivers
- Develop weekly/quarterly reporting packages and dashboards for Operating Committee meetings as well as quarterly earnings calls and SEC filings.
- Work closely with the accounting team to ensure accurate financial reporting and reconcile variances as part of month-end close process
- Support ad hoc projects as directed by Finance and Business leaders
- Identify and drive process improvements, including the creation of standard and ad-hoc reports, tools, and Excel dashboards
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 1-3 years of financial planning and analysis or other relevant experience
- High proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Strong business acumen with understanding of key business drivers
- Extremely strong attention to detail required
- Self-starter with a desire to learn and grow in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time-management skills with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to interact and collaborate with people across various departments as well as at different levels of the organization
- Understanding of general accounting principles
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data, with unmatched opportunity in the insurance vertical as we expand across new verticals and service offerings
- This role offers a highly unique learning and development opportunity
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock and a relaxed & flexible work environment
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
More Jobs From