Superpedestrian is looking for a Field Service Engineer who will help to troubleshoot electromechanical issues with Superpedestrian vehicles in the field. This role will also serve as an interface between our technical engineering team and our field operations team. You should have experience diagnosing and debugging software and firmware as it relates to electromechanical assemblies.
What youll do:
- Act as the first layer of engineering support for diagnosing technical problems in the field.
- Work with the Repair Operations Manager and in market mechanics to solve technical issues with vehicles that cannot be repaired following our standard repair procedures.
- Troubleshoot issues with scooters which include finding electrical wiring harness issues, probing sensors and working in a debug software environment to collect and diagnose software and firmware issues.
- Work with the various engineering teams to create processes and instructions that can be executed by mechanics in the field.
- Help to debug completed vehicles that have failed in the manufacturing process.
- Develop exceptional product knowledge and help troubleshoot and advise our technical teams when necessary.
- Analyze vehicle data to diagnose technical problems and support the creation of tools to streamline the root cause and debug process.
- Document new issues found by the team in the field in a clear and concise manner that can be easily understood by our technical teams.
What were looking for:
- A technical degree with relevant work experience
- Electro-mechanical technician experience
- Basic PC troubleshooting
- Automotive debug experience is very beneficial
- Exceptional troubleshooting abilities and very detail oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to speak up and ask questions when you dont understand something.
- Willingness to learn new skills on the job
- Ability to travel to scooter deployments up to 50% of the time
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and troubleshoot new tasks as they arise.
- Highly motivated and willing to seek out and run with opportunities that may arise.
More Jobs From