Immuta was founded in 2015 based on a specific mission to build a platform that accelerates self-service access and control of sensitive data. Immutas award-winning automated data governance software platform creates trust across security, legal, compliance, and business teams so they can work together to ensure timely access to critical business data with minimal risks. Our automated, scalable, no code approach makes it easy for users to access the data they need, when they need it, while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers privacy.
Our Mission is clear. Enable the legal and ethical use of data. How we approach this mission is also clear!
We are mission focused. Born out of a government mission, we understand why data is about more than just analytics - it also represents our values. Our mission is to enable the legal and ethical use of data, ensuring that data is accessible to only those who need it, for the right reasons, and in the proper form.
We are humble intellects. We are experts in privacy, ethics, law, and engineering. But true expertise requires constant change - to always learn and to always adapt. And that means we excel as students and as teachers. We have something to learn from everyone, at any time, in any place.
We are independent achievers. We dont need guidance to get things done, yet we know when to ask for help. We accomplish our mission while upholding our values, whatever it takes.
We are helpful and caring. For us, life is about the values we uphold, not the credit we receive or the attention we garner. We operate with respect and consideration of our peers, acting with empathy, honesty, transparency, and integrity.
The mission of the Healthcare & Life Sciences (HLS) vertical at Immuta is to help healthcare and life sciences organizations working to accelerate advanced analytics on sensitive data while at the same time strengthening protections for patient privacy. The HLS Chief Technology Officer (or FieldCTO) provides leadership and supporting for the product, customer success, and sales and marketing teams working on HLS initiatives. Additionally, you will solve complex customer problems when integrating the Immuta Platform into unique customer infrastructures and assisting with customer best practices. As FieldCTO of the HLS team, you'll work directly with our customers to ensure they can leverage their data through Immuta. You'll also work on-site with our customers and will provide leadership to the teams for architecture, integration, implementation, and improvement of product deployment and monitoring processes. You'll work closely with our other teams to coordinate the use of DevOps methodologies and develop tools in support of those teams.
Ideal candidates will
Have experience with data engineering, advanced analytics and application development for healthcare and life sciences organizations.
Have a passion for problem-solving (especially data problem solving).
Be attentive to detail in the implementation of solutions to complex problems.
Be excellent communicators who can work with customers to resolve issues.
Enjoy leading and architecting while still being able to dive deep, putting hands-on code to get the job done.
Mentor junior team members.
- Provide leadership, team development, coaching and engages deeply in planning, development and deployment of the Immuta software product in collaboration with the Immuta CTO and product leadership.
- Dive deep into the product and solutions in the HLS vertical, putting hands-on code ensuring successful delivery of the Immuta software product and add-ons in unique customer environments.
- Provide coaching to technical and non-technical team members on how Immuta products can meet the needs of HLS customers.
- Participate in cross-functional efforts to determine the attractiveness of new HLS opportunities, including establishing governance processes to assist in prioritizing market opportunities based on product readiness to meet customer defined and general market requirements.
- Lead change management technology initiatives and drive enhancements to existing HLS programs.
- Use strong communications skills, highly developed interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively to quickly establish positive working relationships internally and with customers.
- Plan and execute engagement processes for the adoption of changes needed and best practices for global success.
- Articulates the value of our solutions (thought leadership) for this sector.
- Drive stakeholder and leadership alignment across the business.
- Assist with building and monitoring team metrics and KPIs and hold the team accountable for meeting the goals.
- Build and maintain partnerships with internal and external customers and partners.
- Build and lead effective change management and communication strategies.
- Work closely with the Product and Applied Engineering teams to make strategic prioritization decisions to increase success in serving the Healthcare & Life Sciences space.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Leads, develops, coaches and motivates.
- Proven success in building teams and driving results within a large, complex program, including managing international, multi-cultural, and virtual cross-functional teams.
- Ability to build consensus, create momentum, and work well cross-functionally with other departments and varying levels of management.
- Proven success in building, analyzing, and monitoring KPI and success measures.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with a focus on listening to stakeholder and customer needs.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven track record of building strong credible relationships.
- Experience with health information technology standards (e.g., HL7, FHIR) and applications
- Experience designing and implementing secure distributed systems.
- Experience developing systems that interact with external web services/APIs.
- Experience with Databases: Relational and NoSQL.
- Experience with Big Data Frameworks: HDFS, Spark.
- Experience with containerization leveraging Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos, etc.
- Automated Systems Management Expertise: Puppet, Chef, Salt.
- Software Packaging Proficiency: RPM, deb, Python module, Docker.
- Network stack and firewall knowledge.
- Experience integrating with various infrastructure technologies: AWS, Azure, GCS, bare metal, VMWare.
- 7+ years of software development experience with increasing responsibility
- Team Leadership/Management
- Highly Technical background- Building and motivating teams
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
- Cloud software experience
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.