Field Applications Engineer - Liquid Handling
Our Liquid Handling Specialist will provide application and technical support to customers for Prime and other auxiliary HighRes products. Specific responsibilities will include setting up instruments and developing advanced application protocols including Factory and Site Acceptance Testing. Additionally, the position will train customers on HighRes products and software, both in-house and at customer sites, and provide customer support for liquid handlers and integrated systems. The role will also act as a technical liaison between customers and HighRes Project Management and Sales teams to meet and maintain customer needs.
The position is educational, demanding, and rewarding, with significant scope for role expansion based on successful customer implementations and developing a strong working knowledge of Prime. When not assigned to customer installations, the role will also be expected to assist with internal product development initiatives, including developing off the shelf application solutions, in genomics, cell biology, screening and other related areas. The candidate will be comfortable with travel within the US, consisting of up to 50% of the year.
The position is located in Beverly, Massachusetts.
- Develop application-specific protocols on HighRes products by interpreting procedures provided by the customer or HighRes Sales team.
- Perform troubleshooting of application protocols and instrumentation.
- Optimize liquid handling performance of instrumentation.
- Provide basic and advanced software and hardware training. Develop and deliver training material for HighRes Sales and Applications team.
- Develop application-specific protocols for complex automated instrumentation, which require integration with third party devices.
- Demonstrate usage of advanced programming skills and software functions to control instrumentation.
- Participate and contribute on instrumentation which requires Factory and Site Acceptance Testing.
- Maintain support for existing customers by providing additional application protocols, training, etc.
- Understand customer expectations and schedule work accordingly.
- Document application support work and customer visits within a company required format.
- Work independently and make intelligent decisions based on experience and knowledge.
- Maintain professional relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to work well with a team
- Flexibility in working hours and availability to travel within the US 50% of the year
- Ability to work independently and reliably with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in science preferably Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry is required.
- Minimum one year relevant industrial experience.
- Experience with scheduling software for automated laboratory systems is a plus
- Experience with programming languages and computer knowledge is a plus
- Passport and valid driver’s license required