Federal Campaigns Manager
WHO WE ARE:
ActBlue builds and maintains a powerful online fundraising platform for Democratic campaigns, progressive organizations, and nonprofits working to create a better future. We put power in the hands of small-dollar donors by making it easier for grassroots supporters to make their voices heard and by helping thousands of groups from presidential candidates to environmental organizations build people-powered movements.
Were a nonprofit organization, and our team has a big impact on the future of our country. Each and every one of us, from the political activists to the tech innovators to the customer service pros, is fully committed to our mission. We're excited to grow this team and get ready to take on even bigger challenges as we look toward 2020 and beyond.
The Outreach Team attracts, supports, and trains all of the Democratic campaigns and progressive organizations that use ActBlues tools. This position is on our Federal Campaigns Team, which focuses on working with new and established federal campaigns, as well as related organizations. We get new and existing campaigns signed up to use our tools and train them to build successful grassroots fundraising programs.
The Federal Campaigns Manager will project manage our work cultivating relationships with key decision makers in the federal space and keep those decision makers up-to-date on our latest innovations. They will surface campaign needs within ActBlue and closely support campaigns as we teach them about our fundraising platform, all while making sure users are getting the most out of our tools. Were looking for someone with digital fundraising experience for this role.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as a primary point of contact for federal campaign staff to ActBlue from onboarding to ongoing trainings.
- Actively build and maintain relationships with decision makers on federal campaigns on and off the platform.
- Develop tools and resources to help campaigns get the most out of ActBlue and build their digital capacity. Manage the production and distribution of best practices.
- Work to understand the needs and technical requirements of campaigns and organizations using ActBlue. Proactively lead the team in surfacing and synthesizing new requests from campaigns while using effective judgment to triage, troubleshoot, and escalate issues.
- Own metrics associated with market share, relationship building, and campaign activity on ActBlue for federal projects.
- 3+ years of digital fundraising experience, ideally in a campaign/organizing setting for at least 2+ cycles.
- Genuine passion for small-dollar, digital fundraising and providing the best service to every campaign and organization on our platform.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You understand that details can make or break a successful project and always get the messaging right.
- Enthusiasm about building strong, ongoing relationships with campaigns and partners.
- Experience working independently. While youll be collaborating and strategizing as part of a team, lots of your day-to-day work and project management will be independently driven and organized.
- Flexibility. We are looking for someone who is adaptable, can manage a range of projects, and work with a wide variety of clients.
- Bonus points: Expertise in Google Sheets and an ability to collect, organize, and tidy datasets. Experience with tools and software products such as Relay, Hustle, NGP, Action Network, or Blue State Digital is a plus.
LOCATION & COMPENSATION:
ActBlues office is located in Davis Square in Somerville, MA, just a few blocks from Bostons MBTA Red Line train. This posting is for a full-time, in-office, salaried position. We offer a competitive salary and a generous compensation package, which includes commuter benefits; fully paid and trans-inclusive health, dental, and vision insurance; an employer-sponsored 401k contribution plan; and a flexible time off policy.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
ActBlue is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Women, people of color, LGBTQ individuals, and members of other minority or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
ActBlue cannot at this time sponsor work visas.