Responsible for troubleshooting, diagnostics, housekeeping, and repairs on buildings, not limited to building mechanical systems, plumbing, and electrical grid for assigned properties.
- Conducts physical inspections of the facility, grounds, premises, hallways, common areas, restrooms, etc. noting anything that might be in need of repair, maintenance, clean-up, or is a hazard and reports same to the appropriate building staff for resolution
- Under the direction and supervision of a skilled worker, may conduct minor repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching, office and kitchen equipment, furniture, walls, ceiling tiles, carpeting, floor tiles, etc.
- With direction from a supervisor, prioritize work orders, handle urgent requests, respond to tenant and client calls as required, and complete any and all assigned facility support, clean-up, maintenance, moving, event support, set-up, and repair work
- Conducts the physical movement of furniture, equipment, boxes and materials as needed for meeting and conference room set-ups, facility events, tenant move-in’s and move-out’s, freight shipping and delivery, supplies, stocking, and the like
- Expected to support the various skilled trade personnel at a facility or complex in the performance and completion of their duties as needed and assigned
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in facility maintenance, cleaning, repairs, moving, freight/docks, or mechanical work
- High School Diploma or GED
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to use computers for work order processing, e-mail communications
- Must possess a high level of accuracy and neatness
- Must be physically capable of performing the duties of the position including bending, squatting, stretching and lifting up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
- On occasion, may be required to lift items weighing 50 to 100 pounds
- Ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics