Casa Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CASA) is a leading provider of next-generation ultra-broadband distributed and virtualized architectures in mobile, fixed telecom and cable networks. As the original supplier of commercially deployed CCAP systems that delivers voice, video, and data over a single port, Casa continues a tradition that brings leading edge solutions to hundreds of service providers around the world. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire an Export Compliance Specialist to join our Global Compliance team based at our corporate headquarters in Andover, MA, USA which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston.
The Export Compliance Specialist impacts the organization by ensuring authorizations are in place for international activities. Develop, implement, and maintain our database for Internal Trade Commission (ITC) classifications and procedures for the company, including export classification, Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), and Schedule B, as applicable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the Export Compliance Manager, Supply Chain, and Logistics team to provide support related to developing and maintaining Casa’s Export Compliance Management Program (ECMP).
- Coordinate with internal teams to classify new products and services as part of the development process and ensure export classifications are considered as part of the business development strategy.
- Review product encryption features licensing requirements.
- Complete SNAP-R filings.
- Conduct Denied party screening.
- Develop Export controls & documentation process and framework to support ECMP.
- Maintain export compliance records.
- Develop export compliance training for Company employees.
- Conduct internal audits.
- Review / assist with semi-annual reporting tasks.
- Assist with continuous improvement initiatives.
- Product Compliance regulatory approval submissions support and sustaining administration.
- Develop global market access requirements processes, and checklists.
- Support ROHS/REACH/Prop65 component verification and reporting.
- Undergraduate degree.
- 5+ to 7 years of related Export/Import Trade Compliance experience.
- Working knowledge of the U.S. HTS codes, its General Notes and Rules of interpretation along with the U.S. Customs Rulings.
- Strong level of knowledge of export EAR regulations.
- Experience with drafting export license applications and requests for use of license exemptions and exceptions.
- Able to plan, organize, direct, control, and coordinate projects to achieve results independently.
- Able to analyze, research, and assess international trade regulations.
- Able to build consensus on difficult legal and business issues.
- Able to demonstrate strategic thinking and coordinate across multiple corporate-level functions.
- Strong cultural awareness to work in a Global environment.
- Working knowledge of U.S. Customs Ace Secure Data Portal.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-building skills with all levels of staff, including senior leadership in a geographically-dispersed environment.
- Knowledge and experience with trade compliance software related to denied parties screening.
- Experience with Product Regulatory Compliance.
- Experience working in trade or regulatory compliance relating to cable networking, radio products or information technology equipment.
- Have a high-level of technical competence related to Free Trade Agreements.
- Strong quantitative, analytical and critical thinking skills.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
Andover, Massachusetts, United States
More Jobs From