Hydrow: Experienced Product Manager
Hydrow is the Live Outdoor Reality (LOR)™ rower. With workouts led by world-class athletes, including some training for the U.S. National Rowing team, Hydrow delivers a live on-river rowing experience at-home that engages two times more of the body's muscles than biking or running. Now more than ever, people's over-scheduled, stressful lives leave little time for meaningful exercise and the soul-enriching opportunity to spend time outdoors. Hydrow's innovative LOR technology brings balance and peace, while simultaneously delivering a challenging workout that burns up to 400 calories per 20 minute session.
At Hydrow, you’ll have the chance to shape a company that will disrupt the fitness industry and create a meaningful community, unmatched in the marketplace today. If this sounds exciting, we want to hear from you.
As Hydrow’s product manager, you will help prioritize, design, and implement the key features that bring LOR™ to market. The core of the product manager role will be to research, prioritize, and specify the details of features for implementation. You will work with design and development to build the features, along with the management team to prioritize new features for the roadmap. You'll have the independence to make your own decisions and help to create the best and most beautiful product imaginable. Expect to hit the ground running, with your features going into development in your first 1-2 weeks.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Develop an understanding of the connected fitness industry and its players
- Meet customers and gain an intimate understanding of their problems and desires, both functionally and emotionally
- Work cross-functionally to brainstorm solutions and ways to improve our customers' experience
- Test and validate feature ideas through quantitative and qualitative research whenever possible
- Analyze usage data and draw insights to inform the roadmap
Deliver an addictive rowing experience that customers love
- You must have 3-5 years of software product management experience
- You listen carefully and understand both what the customer is saying, and what they aren't saying
- You need curiosity, empathy, and intuition
- You have strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- You need excellent analytical skills to make the case about what features are working, and what aren't
- You are comfortable being scrappy, willing to take calculated risks, and constantly iterating
- Your friends and colleagues should describe you as independent and reliable
- You thrive in a team environment that is changing and improving every day
IDEAL CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
- Worked on a consumer product
- Worked on a mobile, tablet, or embedded application
- Experience or familiarity with agile development
- Experience in the fitness industry
Hydrow supports active lifestyles and encourages team members to not only interact with the Hydrow platform, but other competitive platforms on a regular basis.
REPORTS TO: Director of Product Management
Started in November 2017, Hydrow has recently announced the expansion of its Series A with additional investments from some of the most prominent names in the sports and tech industries, including Rx3 ventures (co-founded by Greenbay Packers Quarterback Aaron Rogers), Wheelhouse, The Raptor Group and The Yard Ventures. Initially led in February by L Catterton, the largest and most global consumer-focused private equity firm, the additional investment brings the Series A total to $27M. The new funding will further fuel Hydrow's growth as it begins shipping nationwide May 2019, starting with nearly 1,000 early backers who purchased Hydrows through Indiegogo this past fall.
At Hydrow, we are a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. Hydrow welcomes diversity and actively seeks applicants who can bring a variety of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds perspectives to the team. Hydrow provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, qualified handicap, gender identity, results of genetic testing, military status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law (each, a “Protected Characteristic”).
Hydrow offers competitive salaries, benefits, and early-stage equity.