Experience (UX) Design Manager - Design Services
Were the experience design team at Wayfair, and were tackling exciting challenges that are reshaping how people purchase and have goods delivered to their homes. From finding that perfect item via AR to scheduling installation services, were solving new problems every day in our online and offline experiences for our tens of millions of customers.
In this UX role, you will be responsible for conceptualizing and producing high-quality creative work across a variety of customer touch points. The Sr. experience designer in this role will work with a newly formed product within the Wayfair team that helps customers enhance their online shopping, delivery, and installation experience. The ideal candidate will possess a deep understanding of app design, mobile design, responsive design and UX design. Additionally the perfect candidate will show a strong professional trajectory with exceptional and continually evolving design skills that highlight flawless execution. Strong preference will be given to candidates with proven multi-layered design experience within a consumer facing an e-commerce background.
What You'll Do
- Raise the bar for experience design at Wayfair
- Seek out and utilize data to make informed design decisions
- Collaborate with product managers, developers, and other experience designers to execute design concepts that deliver on brand goals, business goals, and are technically feasible to implement
- Conceptualize and create pixel-perfect design mockups from sketches, wireframes, and other UX deliverables that represent your design thinking capabilities
- Communicate ideas and concepts clearly and concisely, while also being open to receiving feedback and direction as needed
- Contribute to and design a new innovative platform changing the way people think about interior design & home installation services
What You'll Need
- 8+ years of UX/Product Design experience for consumers and consumer brandsa big plus if you have experience in e-commerce
- Communication and presentation skills. The ability to clearly present work, and articulate the rationale for the decisions that led to it
- Facilitation and listening skills. The ability to maintain undivided attention and appreciate interpersonal differences. An openness to opinions that challenge beliefs, and be a willingness to evolve based on new information.
- Project confidence and exhibit swagger. The ability to offer a vision that encourages people to follow, and encourages others to take part.
- The confidence and self-motivation to drive forward projects that will improve our users experience
- Expert proficiency in Sketch, Invision, and other design tools.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS. Hands-on skills a plus.
- An online portfolio that demonstrates an unfailing advocacy for the user, highlighting: e-commerce design work, mobile design work, analytical decision-making, and strategic thinking.