Experience Design (UI/UX) Apprentice (Boston)
Acquired by Accenture Digital in June 2017 and founded in 2010, Intrepid is an end-to-end mobile design and development studio with headquarters in Cambridge, MA and offices in NYC, Houston, and Chicago. With expertise in insightful product strategy, well-crafted design and development for iOS, Android, Web and Rails, we help companies, from startup to enterprise, boldly navigate their mobile future.
The digital revolution is changing everything, transforming how we work and play, and Accenture Digital is leading the way - driving these exciting changes across 40 industries in more than 120 countries. Designing and implementing cutting-edge digital solutions for leading businesses and governments around the world, you will be creating real wow moments for customers, connecting them with our clients through advanced analytics, interactive, social media and mobility. Join us and become an integral part of our experienced digital team with the credibility, expertise and insight clients depend on, to better serve their connected customers and operate always-on enterprises.
Accenture Digital is powered by three practices - Interactive, Mobility and Analytics. Accenture Interactive helps the worlds leading brands delight their customers and deliver superior business performance and customer experiences. As part of Accenture Interactive Delivery, youll balance art and science to create award-winning digital experiences for todays connected consumers through integrated and dynamic solutions that incorporate strategy, marketing, creative and technology.
Our Experience Design apprentices are junior designers eager to master the fundamentals of their practice area. The apprentice program builds onto a undergraduate course load or design bootcamp, taking theoretics and applying them to real-life design work. The Apprentice program equips qualified individuals with the skills they need to join client engagements as productive designers. During this 12-week training program, apprentices will work alongside our team participating in existing client projects. In addition, the apprentice class will participate in a capstone project, demonstrating the breadth of knowledge he or she has learned over the course of the program.
We are currently seeking Experience Design apprentices for the April 2019 (April - June) cohort.
YOUR ROLE: Experience Design Apprentice
- Seeking a career as a UI/UX Designer
- Thirst for knowledge and a desire to continue learning
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Should care deeply about the quality and aesthetics of design you produce, and always strive to be better
- Work closely on a cross functional team including other designers, developers, Project Managers, QA, etc
- Participate in Agile/SCRUM SDLC
YOUR EXPERIENCE: Basic Qualifications
- Relevant design coursework, design bootcamp or significant design experience on any platform (mobile, digital, etc) plus a love of designing
SET YOURSELF APART: Preferred Skills
- Experience with mobile design
- Familiar with the tools like Sketch, InVision, Zeplin, etc.
- A portfolio to share
- Side projects outside of coursework or internships
- Enjoy working a wide variety of projects, both short and long-term
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in illustration, graphic design, human centered design, etc
- Familiar with all phases of design process, Agile experience a plus
- Medical, dental, vision plans
- Flexible spending accounts
- 401k plan with matching
- Pre-tax commuter program
- Generous paid time off
- 9 company observed holidays
- Annual bonus and raise
- Stock purchase program
- Great team events
- Employee assistance program
- Wellness benefits
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
Currently not accepting OPT students for this program.
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is an EEO and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law. Job Candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.