Were looking fora driven Expansion Sales Rep to collaborate closely with both our Core Sales team & Customer Success, identifying upsell opportunities in our existing client base and maintaining lasting relationships with our customers.
The use of open source software is growing rapidly: technology is a core part of our lives, and almost all software developers rely on open source components, but security is a key concern. Anyone can find and exploit vulnerabilities within open source code, and most of the people who maintain these projects arent security experts. But our team is.
Were a developer tooling company with deep security knowledge: this makes us particularly well-positioned to understand the problem space we work in.
Were focussed on enabling developers to find and fix open source vulnerabilities through our proprietary, built from the ground up platform. Our product integrates seamlessly into typical development workflows, and the large organisations that we have on board love us. We want to make security part of business as usual for software developers.
As an Expansion Rep for Snyk, youll work closely with our Customer Success & Core Sales teams to identify new opportunities to expand Snyk usage within our existing clients. Our current customer base ranges from mid-market companies who like to move fast right up to slow burn large enterprises like Google, Netflix and Salesforce.
We want you to contribute to the iterative improvement of our sales process, tone and approach, and youll have plenty of scope to inform the way we develop our internal tooling to help you work efficiently and effectively.
Were a collaborative team from a variety of backgrounds, made up of sales executives and technical sales engineers. We spend time coaching each other, giving and receiving feedback, and ensuring we work together to make the most of the skills and experience we have within the team.
Youll spend your time:
- Building strong relationships with our existing client base (giving extra attention to those clients who havent heard from us in a while)
- Mapping out how these organisations work: identifying how departments and teams interact, the internal processes for getting things done, and understanding how the teams which already use Snyk can help us expand within the org.
- Becoming a product expert for the new features and products our engineering teams release, and introducing these to existing clients
- Collaborating closely with our core Sales Reps and our Customer Success team to identify new upselling opportunities with existing clients
You should join us if:
- You have experience managing multiple accounts and maintaining strong, positive relationships with existing clients
- You understand the software developer lifecycle and can articulate how a developer tooling product might fit in
- You have a track record of identifying and executing on upsell opportunities in existing deals
- You understand people: what makes them tick, what their attitude is to us, when theyre most likely to want to buy
- Youre organised, rigorous, and love to improve processes
- You are excited about what were doing and want to join a startup on its way to success
- Youre self-motivated and hard-working: you aim to exceed your quota, and you enjoy working in fast-paced, collaborative teams
We'd love to hear from you!
Were deeply committed to our healthy, inclusive culture and are working hard to nurture a diverse team at Snyk; we particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech or sales. If you like the sound of this role, but are not totally sure whether youre the right person, do apply anyway.