Executive Creative Director
Executive Creative Director
EF Tours | Full-Time | Director Level | Creative
Boston,MA, United States
EF Tours (a division of EF Education First) is seeking a passionate, dynamic, and innovative Executive Creative Director to lead our Boston-based creative team.
In this role, youll lead a team of almost 30 exceptionally talented creative copywriters, designers, integrated producers, podcasters, video shooters, and editors in creating compelling work that sells EFs educational tours to teachers and students.
Every day youll collaborate with the creative, marketing, sales, and technology teams as well as business leaders across the organization finding new and innovative ways to grow EFs educational travel portfolio.
Youll help to set and drive a creative vision that inspires others and works to further our companys global mission: Opening the World Through Education.
Youll champion bold, transformative creative ideas, anchor them with smart strategy, and then work with the team to deliver executions and campaign work that propels the business forward.
And youll mentor, teach, and advocate for creative innovation across the organization bringing a charismatic and inclusive approach that inspires the team and your partners throughout the business.
Nodding your head yes to all of this? Then read on
The ideal candidate will have:
- 10+ years of experience working in a creative field, with a focus on marketing, advertising, branding, or communications
- 6+ years of experience managing a multi-disciplinary creative department
- Experience managing an in-house creative team preferred
- A stunning portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to develop and execute multi-channel creative ideas that drive sales
- Expertise in managing, mentoring, developing, and recruiting top creative talent
- Exceptional presentation, communication, and story-telling skills, a charismatic presence, and an ability to sell concepts and ideas at an executive level
- A positive energy and a communication style that inspires others
- A strong business sense, with an understanding of how to leverage creative to drive business
- An entrepreneurial spirit and the drive to implement new and better ways of thinking and working
And of course, you should also be:
- Up-to-date on emerging communication, media consumption, and marketing trends
- Highly adaptable, energized by rapid change and ambiguity
- An enthusiastic champion of making great work and of motivating others to do the same
- Bold, innovative, and energized by concepting and driving new ideas forward
- Able to balance the practical with the magicaland know when to lead with each
Every day, each member of our combined creative and marketing team comes to work in the best-looking office building in Boston (if we do say so ourselves). Its a modern, inspiring environment where we get to work with incredibly talented, energetic coworkers who are dedicated to helping as many students as possible see the world and learn more about themselves in the process. Thats a pretty rewarding way to spend your days.
So what will you do, specifically?
- Lead and inspire a team of amazingly talented creatives
- Create a work environment that fosters strategic thinking, innovation, passion, and positivity
- Work closely with our central marketing team to understand program objectives and target audiencesturning unique business challenges into elegant creative solutions
- Own the creative output and ensure that the work we put out is on brand, on strategy, differentiated, and of the highest possible quality
- Collaborate with peers across departments and disciplines, looking for ways creative can help unlock untapped business growth
- Be a central point of contact linking our Boston creative team with EFs other global creative groupssharing ideas, knowledge, and resources
- Evangelize the center of excellence that is our creative department in the broader advertising community in order to attract new talent and continue to build the best in-house creative team around
Lets talk about the perks
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- The opportunity to travel internationally with our customers (and without, too)
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year, and four weeks after your first year
- Free in-house language classes
- Free in-house workout classes
- A bar and restaurant inside our building
- Discounts on EF products, including our travel and language programs
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, and more
A tiny bit about EF Education First
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education.Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
Sounds enormous, right? The interesting thing is that we dont operate like a conglomerate. We get the best of a small companys values, atmosphere, and energy with the resources of a big one. And in the creative and marketing department, we get the autonomy to innovate coupled with the backing and support of a company thats able to bring those innovations to life. Talk about a great place to workno wonder weve been right at the top (#1 and #2 to be exact) of the Boston Globes Top Places to Work list the last 2 years.