Executive Assistant - Tech
Why You Should Join
The Executive Assistant - Tech is a member of the People Operations Team, reporting to the Chief People Officer. They will provide business support to the Chief Technology Officer, Chief Product Officer, and other data science and tech leaders, to ensure that the company-wide operational cadence is clear and prioritized. This is a great opportunity for a self-motivated and eager project manager to work directly with members of our C-Suite and have insight to the vision and strategy of a leading tech company in hyper-growth mode (3x customers, 3x revenue, and 3x employees in the last 18 months!) while having hands-on impact on executing that vision.
How You Will Make a Difference
A successful EA for our Tech teams will be a methodical, organized, take-charge project manager and executive support coordinator who has a deep understanding of all of Klaviyos business needs and the impact of major initiatives across departments with a focus on our R&D function. In this role you will:
- Manage the operational cadence of the organization to ensure that all pre-planning, meeting scheduling, and follow-ups are completed for major business initiatives throughout the year.
- Be the second set of eyes on all major business initiative planning and communication to ensure efficient allocation of resources and effective communication for cross-functional collaborations.
- Attend meetings, take notes on action items, and follow up with content and deliverables as needed.
- Manage logistics for quarterly executive off-sites and other meetings and events as needed.
- Partner with Klaviyos Internal Communication Specialist and the CTO/CPO to coordinate company-wide communications from R&D.
- Oversee scheduling and calendar management for the CTO and CPO, including working with executives to prioritize their time and attendance.
- Help set agendas and review content for leadership meetings
- Complete travel arrangements and expense reports for the executives you support.
- Take ownership of small projects as they come up.
- Follow a first-year trajectory like this:
- In your first 30 days, you will work closely with the R&D leaders to understand the demands on their time, their departments priorities, and the overall operational cadence of Klaviyo.
- In your first 60 days, you will take a proactive role in managing calendars, scheduling meetings, and following up on deliverables and action items.
- In your first 90 days, you will build relationships across Klaviyo as an trusted source of accurate, up-to-date information on major business initiatives
- In your first year, take ownership of additional small projects as they come up and participate in annual planning/operational cadence for the next year.
Who You Are
- You have 3+ years in an administrative support role.
- Previous experience supporting the Tech/Engineering area of a business is required.
- You have experience supporting C-level executives (highly preferred).
- You have experience with event logistics, especially in a project manager capacity.
- Youre a systems thinker who can easily spot dependencies and identify gaps in overall project planning.
- Youre highly adept in Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, and other communication technologies.
- You have experience with Workday, Trello, or other project management tools (preferred).
- You enjoy analyzing and solving problems, helping people, building things, and you continually strive to do things better than the status quo. You are intellectually curious.
- You are proactive in anticipating the needs of the people you support and in obtaining the information you need to execute your projects.
- You have a team-first mentality and no job is too small perspective.
- You are on a journey of continuous improvement, and you proactively seek and implement constructive feedback to level up your skills and knowledge
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to influence, and exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is the worlds leading owned marketing platform known for accelerating revenue for online businesses using the channels they own like email, web and mobile. Enabling companies to leverage these owned marketing channels, Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. And unlike other marketing platforms, Klaviyo doesnt force companies to compromise between advanced functionality or ease of use - so companies of all sizes are able to maximize their sales quickly. Thats why 50,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink and Eventbrite sell more with Klaviyo.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.