Tuesday, June 11th, 2019
100 Summer StreetBoston, MA 02110
This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission. As an Executive Assistant you will be the right-hand person to the executives of the company, responsible for all logistical coordination of calendars and communication across many parties (including internal teams, customers, corporate stakeholders, and the executives’ other business & personal contacts). Time will be spent supporting two executives: the CEO and the President. Ideal candidates will be extremely detail oriented and organized. He/she acts proactively and without much supervision, anticipating needs and following through. In this role you will:
- Manage the executives’ professional and personal calendar, and organizing the daily schedule to ensure all needs are met and prioritized appropriately.
- Take the initiative to ensure executives are prepared for calendar events with the right documents and information, and assist in preparing presentations and binding presentations
- Field requests for scheduling time with the executives for business meetings, customer needs, internal interviews, and all other miscellaneous asks
- Organize off site events for the executives, including determining best space, planning dinners and coordinating as needed
- Draft correspondence on behalf of executives and respond to inbound emails when requested
- Handle confidential and sensitive materials, as well as those that require analyzing or summarizing for consumption
- Proactively support and handle both business and personal tasks and projects
- Review the daily notes for executives and organize action items and ideas into appropriate business categories, as well as proactive owning the execution of percentage of these action items
- Own the full range of support activities, from operational objectives to administrative tasks, with the ability to communicate the executives’ thoughts and messages to other stakeholders in the company
- Plan and arrange both personal and business travel itineraries
- Contribute to process and policy implementation and improvement
- Create expense reports
- Occasionally provide back-up administrative support to direct reports of the executives
- Take on ad-hoc projects and tasks as requested
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Organization & Planning: Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an effective, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities
- Problem-Solver: The ability to identify alternative solutions to a problem and to select the best option; the ability to identify the system component that is causing the error, as well as the options available for resolving it and completing the task
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of experience supporting a high-level executive with full professional and personal calendar
- Extreme attention to detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be positive, proactive, confident and energetic
- Able to work with tight deadlines and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Available via email outside normal business hours
- Experience in another occupation/field is a plus, whether it is accounting, legal or other professional area