American Well, a national leader in the rapidly growing field of telehealth, seeks a highly motivated and professional Executive Assistant. We partner with the top health systems, health plans, employers, and digital health companies to deliver video doctor visits over mobile and web. We are changing the way healthcare is delivered by enabling every doctor to use telehealth with their patients, making care more accessible, affordable and convenient. Our goal is to bring care home.
The Executive Assistant will play a critical role at American Well. Specifically, the Executive Assistant will be responsible for all administrative duties for senior executive, makes administrative decisions, handles correspondence, maintains files, makes appointments, books travel and serves as liaison with the public as required. The Executive Assistant handles details of a confidential and critical nature and conducts her/himself with the highest degree of dignity, professionalism, and interpersonal effectiveness while exercising sound judgment.
- Arrange complex meetings, including board meeting packages, and handle all other meeting material preparation and logistics
- Process expense reports and assist with invoices for meetings and events in a timely fashion
- Prepare presentation materials, cover/introductory letters, contracts, and other business documents
- Effectively support and back up other administrative assistants, especially for high priority meetings, deadlines and deliverables.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency, initiative, responsiveness, and attention to detail
- Routinely handle internal and external inquiries by screening calls, answering questions, and redirecting to appropriate personnel.
- Coordinate domestic and international travel arrangements for company executives as well as advisors, consultants and other team members as necessary.
- Manage executives’ calendars, conference registration and arrangements
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Full access to Senior Executives calendar for calendar management
- Expenses – this is mostly data entry
- Onsite client meeting set up, catering & maintenance
- Time checks
- Senior Executive’s daily lunch
- Researching & booking travel (including hotels, flight options, car service) – this will need to be a shared duty but help is appreciated with Senior Executive’s growing travel needs internationally
- Filing, scanning, business cards and other organizational needs that I don’t have the bandwidth to keep on top of
- Utility/floater tasks for other EAs on an as needed basis (workload dependent)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3-6 years of experience preferred
- Capable of presenting to senior leadership
- High energy level, enthusiastic, and eager to do what is necessary to be successful
- Excellent interpersonal, public presentation, written and communication skills
- Ability to learn quickly, to respond/react quickly to changing priorities and to be dedicated to
- Completion of required tasks
- Thorough knowledge of company operations, policies, and procedures
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office: Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to prioritize multiple requests based on own judgment of importance/need to the department
- Willing to work unpredictable hours and work against deadline
Should you join American Well and the Executive Assistant team, you can expect:
The Executive Assistants are a group of dynamic individuals, responsible for supporting American Well Executives. This is a team that works with and has exposure to all different departments at American Well.
The Executive Assistant team has many responsibilities including building meaningful relationships with their executives and working hard to not only help with their day to day but contribute to their growth and success overall. They are the first line of communication between the executive and the outside world; speaking with clients, other employees and upper management. They are our partners’ internal champions, and work hard with a variety of colleagues to turn vision into reality.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, energetic, never-the-same-day-twice kind of environment, then look no further. If you possess problem-solving skills, and a serious understanding of the corporate communications needed to speak with all levels of an organization, then American Well is the place for you.
Working at American Well
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. We’re a “go getter” culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street –in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Three weeks of vacation time
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access – on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks