Events Operations Manager
Do you love to manage and organize large-scale events or parties? Are you able to manage multiple tasks, organizations, people and personalities at the same time? Do you enjoy project managing? If so, then we are looking or you?
Knovva Academy is at the forefront of changing the way teens interact with education and the world around them. We are dedicated to build a global blended learning ecosystem by creating the most exciting global education programs and online courses. We’re working to build tomorrow's world leaders and we need some of the best on our team to grow with us and help us continue to expand our reach, perfect our programs and create lasting relationships with the educational community.
If this sounds like an amazing place to work already, there’s much more. We are a entrepreneurial startup that nurtures our talented employees with great benefits and opportunities to grow both personally and professionally. Knovva academy is a passionate work environment with an international atmosphere and a welcoming staff. On top of our competitive salary and benefits, we also offer global snacks, WFH Fridays, group outings and many more perks to come. Knovva’s core belief in the importance of diversity and open mindedness is reflected in both the programs and in its work space. Knovva is located in Boston’s innovative Seaport District.
If you’re ready to use your skills to help shake up the education world, Knovva Academy is the place for you.
Knovva Academy is looking for an experienced Events Operations Manager who is an expert at managing logistics, loves to work with clients and is adept at managing budgets for our event business which includes conferences, trade shows and awards. In this role, you will work directly with the EVP of Marketing, Sales Business Development, Creative and others to manage overall logistical and budgetary management of selected events with an emphasis on event execution. The Events Operations Manager will collaborate on every aspect of our event business including determining and executing all event requirements; being the main liaison between the event staff and the pertinent outside vendors during the three stages of a show: pre-show, show days and post show.
- Organize and manage tradeshows and congresses in conjunction with marketing and sales.
- Ensure that the correct portfolio of tradeshow materials are available and updated as appropriate.
- Oversee the creation of event design collateral.
- Evaluate the success of tradeshows and events including leads, outcomes, budget performance.
- Source event venues and create detailed reports on findings.
- Negotiate contracts and closely track event budgets.
- Coordinate logistics such as hotel, transportation and food accommodations.
- Develop relationships and coordinate with vendors for events.
- Prepare and check equipment before shipping to shows – software packages, latest updates, etc.
- Inspecting and checking marketing materials and equipment after event for and ship materials back to office.
- Be responsible for the execution of marketing projects, including activity plans, content generation and graphic input.
- Project manage marketing projects -e.g. presentations, videos, brochures, clinical papers; digital content, customer information for events.
- Work with VP Marketing, other executives, to plan and launch our 1stever Knovva Academy conference.
- 3-5 years experience creating and managing conferences, awards and tradeshows.
- Experience leading cross-functional and inter-departmental projects.
- An understanding of the marketing funnel and sales cycle.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management skills, attention to detail, and a process-driven mindset , Strong ability to prioritize projects and initiatives.
- Ability to travel 25-30% of time.
- Ability to work in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively and manage up with high level executives.
- Work in a team environment, pro-active, relationship building customer service focused, take charge problem solver with outgoing personality.
The Events Operations Manager is afull-time position based in Knovva Academy’s office in the Seaport neighborhood of Boston. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience.Extensive travel is not currently expected. Must be authorized to work in the United States; sponsorship is not being offered at this time.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.