Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking an Escalation Engineer for our Lexington, MA office.
The Escalation Engineer provides expert technical support to internal CS team and customers on Imprivata products. Focuses on assisting with difficult product problems to ensure that all CS resource and debugging avenues are exhausted, compressing resolution time, minimizing reliance on Engineering and enhancing customer experience as a result. Perform as the primary technical interface between CS and Engineering for escalated cases, ensuring rapid response and resolution. Responsible for situational management tasks around escalated customers, including status calls and reports, internal reporting and 3rd party vendor involvement. Mentors and educates CSEs on advanced product knowledge and debugging approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent situational management skills applied to customer, partner, management, Services/Sales communication requirements, supplementing CS leadership in that role
- Independently able to manage customer critical communication, including conference calls/WebEx/onsite reviews, status reports and internal Imprivata management reporting
- Able to convincingly advocate for customers cross functionally within Imprivata
- Able to effectively present to technical and non-technical audiences on individual customer situations, as well as trending product issues.
- Is a recognized Subject Matter Expert for at least three Imprivata product lines
- Relentlessly pushes utilization of all avenues of internal CS collaboration, and reinforces best practices and procedures.
- Critical thinker able to bring different perspective and approach to every problem.
- Consistently helps team members meet or exceed Customer SLAs, and ensures that internal SLAs and Class of Service goals with Engineering are met or exceeded.
- Expert time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage both individual caseload as well as involvement in escalated/complex cases.
Mentoring / Training:
- Leads by example in mentoring others, driven to constantly share knowledge.
- Seeks to be in vanguard of new technical and product challenges as role model to peers
- Leverages escalated cases for opportunity to reinforce best practices on Engineering problem submission and data
Escalations and Engineering Interface
- Working with CSEs that own individual cases, provides sustained oversight for serious or complex issues, including those that evolve into JIRA issues.
- Reacts to internal escalation requests, participate as leveraged resource.
- Helps determine appropriate prioritization of JIRAS, and adjusts as demands evolve.
- Monitors active JIRAs for compliance to process, follows up and escalates as needed
- Sets expectations and drives resolution while regularly communicating status to internal and external stakeholders.
Knowledge and Case Management
- Capitalizes on results of technical collaboration within CS, creating KAs and promoting same
- Coaches peers on Knowledgebase usage and best practice.
- Uses Salesforce call tracking as well as JIRA to manage all case details in a timely manner.
- Meets and exceeds individual and team targets & SLAs.
- May directly own cases and ensures CRM data is updated at all times.
- Applies knowledge and makes use of diagnostic tools to analyze and resolve issues.
- Provide scheduled After Hours coverage on a rotating basis.
- Occasional travel for onsite support, business meetings, training, conferences, as required.
- Works well independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Respects and maintains customer and partner confidentiality.
- Collaborates proactively across functions and departments.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience providing application or technical customer support
- 2 plus years supporting Imprivata products desirable
- Must have Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience with troubleshooting software problems across multiple OS platforms: Microsoft Windows Embedded, XP, 7, 8, 10, MS Windows Server Versions, Thin and zero computing architecture
- Advanced troubleshooting of application level crashes and/or performance hangs
- Performing in-depth log analysis and event correlation.
- Proficient knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Service Ports, DNS, NTP)
- Expert level understanding of Single Sign On concepts
- Advanced level understanding of user authentication concepts and administration Pass-through authentication, RDS session management, Kerberos, Biometrics, time-based tokens, proximity cards, RADIUS
- Strong understanding and in-depth experience diagnosing Application and Desktop Virtualization, especially XenApp applications / desktops, Virtual XenDesktop delivery/administration, VMWare View delivery/administration
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory / User Management / LDAP concepts & experience
- Solid understanding of Software Delivery & Deployment methodologies
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware problems relative to authentication devices such as fingerprint readers, proximity & smartcards & associated readers, 2D/3D cameras is desirable.
- Experience with Healthcare IT / EMR a plus
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix desirable
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From