Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events. While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact.
We are looking for anEscalation Engineerto join the team in our Lexington office.
The Escalation Engineer providesexperttechnical support to internal CS team and customers on Imprivata products. He/She leverages their strong understanding of troubleshooting software problems across multiple OS platforms, Application and Desktop Virtualization, Active Directory, user authentication and other technical areas that are key to successful operation of Imprivata products. You will leverage your extensive technical experience and apply it to Imprivatas product. Assisting with difficult product problems to ensure that all CS resource and debugging avenues are exhausted, compressing resolution time, minimizing reliance on Engineering and enhancing customer experience as a result/ Perform as the primary technical interface between CS and Engineering for escalated cases, ensuring rapid response and resolution. Responsible for situational management tasks around escalated customers, including status calls and reports, internal reporting and 3rdparty vendor involvement. Mentors and educates CSEs on advanced product knowledge and debugging approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Excellent situational management skills applied to customer, partner, management, Services/Sales communication requirements, supplementing CS leadership in that role
- Independently able to manage customer critical communication, including conference calls/WebEx/onsite reviews, status reports and internal Imprivata management reporting
- Able to convincingly advocate for customers cross functionally within Imprivata
- Able to effectively present to technical and non-technical audiences on individual customer situations, as well as trending product issues
Productivity / Efficiency
- Is a recognized Subject Matter Expert for at least three Imprivata product lines
- Relentlessly pushes utilization of all avenues of internal CS collaboration, and reinforces best practices and procedures
- Critical thinker able to bring different perspective and approach to every problem
- Consistently helps team members meet or exceed Customer SLAs, and ensures that internal SLAs and Class of Service goals with Engineering are met or exceeded
- Expert time management skills and demonstrated ability to manage both individual caseload as well as involvement in escalated/complex cases
Mentoring / Training
- Lead by example in mentoring others, driven to constantly share knowledge.
- Seek to be in vanguard of new technical and product challenges as role model to peers
- Leverage escalated cases for opportunity to reinforce best practices on Engineering problem submission and data
Escalations and Engineering Interface
- Work with CSEs that own individual cases, provides sustained oversight for serious or complex issues, including those that evolve into JIRA issues
- React to internal escalation requests, participate as leveraged resource
- Help determine appropriate prioritization of JIRAS, and adjusts as demands evolve
- Monitor active JIRAs for compliance to process, follows up and escalates as needed
- Set expectations and drives resolution while regularly communicating status to internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge and Case Management
- Capitalize on results of technical collaboration within CS, creating KAs and promoting same
- Coache peers on Knowledgebase usage and best practice
- Use Salesforce call tracking as well as JIRA to manage all case details in a timely manner
- Meet and exceed individual and team targets & SLAs
- May directly own cases and ensures CRM data is updated at all times
- Applie knowledge and makes use of diagnostic tools to analyze and resolve issues
- Provide scheduled After Hours coverage on a rotating basis
- Occasional travel for onsite support, business meetings, training, conferences, as required
- Work well independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision
- Respect and maintain customer and partner confidentiality
- Collaborate proactively across functions and departments
- Perform additional duties as required
- Minimum of5+ years ofexperience providing application or technical customer support
- Must have Technical Degree or equivalent experience
- Considerable experience with troubleshooting software problems across multiple OS platforms: Microsoft Windows Embedded, XP, 7, 8, 10, MS Windows Server Versions, Thin and zero computing architecture
- Perform in-depth log analysis and event correlation
- Proficient knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, Service Ports, DNS, NTP)
- Advanced level understanding of user authentication concepts and administration Pass-through authentication, RDS session management, Kerberos, Biometrics, time-based tokens, proximity cards, RADIUS
- Strong understanding and in-depth experience diagnosing Application and Desktop Virtualization, especially XenApp applications / desktops, Virtual XenDesktop delivery/administration, VMWare View delivery/administration
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Active Directory / User Management / LDAP concepts & experience
- Solid understanding of Software Delivery & Deployment methodologies
- Experience with Healthcare IT / EMR a plus
- Prior usage of Imprivata products a plus
- Advanced troubleshooting of application level crashes and/or performance hangs
- Strong understanding of Single Sign On concepts
- Industry certifications such as Microsoft, VMWare, Citrix desirable
- Experience with troubleshooting hardware problems relative to authentication devices such as fingerprint readers, proximity & smartcards & associated readers, 2D/3D cameras is desirable
At Imprivata, we have a top notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.