- University degree or equivalent work experience in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering
- Excellent Communication (written and oral) Skills
- Self-driven individual with good project management skills
- Solid understanding of large scale applications, network architectures, monitoring and fault management
- Hands on experience administering or working with multiple monitoring systems such as a MoM, an APM solution and logging analytics software.
- Must have experience using monitoring software reporting capabilities to be able to create reports in a multi-tenant environment
- Expert in the collection of various performance matrices and producing reports
- Expertise in monitoring, identifying, analyzing issues and escalating to required levels and attention
- Experience with agile software development lifecycle methodologies
- Monitoring experience with Windows and Linux Systems, Virtualized systems, Database systems and networking devices
Role and Responsibilities
- Technical subject matter expert, refining existing functional requirements for monitoring and event management tools
- Maintain and improve the standards within the Monitoring tool sets utilizing best practices
- Ability to create a roadmap and execute against it to build monitoring maturity
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to Monitoring configuration, mapping, processes and service records
- Monitors System performance and troubleshoot problem areas as needed
- Provide a robust service for monitoring and validating all expected KPIs, events, alerts, action, documentation and trend analysis graphs
- Leverage problem management and troubleshooting to ensure gaps in monitoring are found and eliminated
- Work with development and operations teams to ensure alert thresholds are fit for purpose and do not generate false positives or spam alerts / events.
- Ability to review technical architecture of systems and applications to understand dependencies, points of failure, impacts, and external and internal interfaces, to provide monitoring recommendations for applications, systems and infrastructure
- Ability to collaborate across technical teams that may own systems or technology to find and minimize any and all gaps to create a World Class Monitoring Program
- Coordinate between support, operations and development teams to ensure effective delivery of monitoring services to live customers as well as those undergoing implementations
The Enterprise Monitoring Engineer is a performance monitoring expert, responsible for delivering and supporting large-scale network, system, application, service, and business activity monitoring solutions. This position involves the administration and support of the software and tools used to monitor the network, systems and applications. The role will interface with DevOps/Application Engineers, Infrastructure, Operations, Database, Customer Delivery and Testing teams in a Dev-Ops environment.
More Jobs From