Enterprise Account Manager
In this critical role, the Collaborator Sr. Account Manager will drive revenue from new and existing accounts and will be responsible for developing and carrying out strategic account plans. The ideal candidate will be a proven Sales professional with a strong track record of quota over-achievement. The individual will be results-driven, highly self-motivated, and able to balance a team approach with personal initiative and goals.
What is Collaborator? Collaborator is a tool for collaboration through peer review of source code, user stories and test plans. Collaborator helps find defects early, improve quality, encourage collaboration, verify compliance, and build stronger teams. Collaborator is known as an industry leader in Code & Document review space targeting the Enterprise.
- Drive business line revenue with assigned territory and named Key Accounts. Discover, prospect and qualify new opportunities as well as up-sell opportunities within existing customer base
- Work closely with Customer Success team to ensure successful roll-out, adoption, and on-going use of the product
- Represent Smartbear to the customer in all sales-related matters and understand the customers business, product requirements, and industry challenges
- Direct complex sales cycles-including account mapping, development of high level relationships, account strategies, and business cases
- Effectively maintain sales pipeline data and activity reports, providing management with accurate sales forecasts
- Collaborate with marketing, sales teams and product owner to share account knowledge and execute on sales strategies
- Availability to travel as needed
Experience & Competencies
- Proven track record with 3+ years of software sales experience acquiring and cultivating major accounts
- Proven ability to effectively demonstrate complex technology and communicate the value proposition of technical solutions to prospects and customers
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle and the challenges that software engineers, managers, and executives face
- Genuine interest in the software development industry, with the initiative to tackle and understand the newest trends and technologies
- Maniacal self-motivation, time management and personal accountability; overall hunter mentality with entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong analytical and presentation skills using common sales and business tools
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong organization and planning skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
SmartBear Is A Destination Employer
- Voted by Glassdoor as one of the "Best Places to Work", Named to Boston Globes Top Places To Work, and VentureFizz calls us one of One of The Hottest Companies in Boston.
Invest In Our Employees We care about the success of our employees and provide guidance and tools to help them grow their careers and succeed. We seek to continuously learn and evolve and strive to be the company of choice.
Open and Collaborative Environment We have an inclusive, creative, passionate, fun and successful environment.
Award Winning Technology SmartBear is a market leader and has won numerous, prestigious industry awards for its software solutions, including Top Innovator and Leader In Software Development.
Invested Leadership Team - Our leadership team has a proven record of success, is passionate about the success of the employees and company and focused on supporting the sales organization.
Unbelievable Offices We are in a new, state-of-the-art building, on the waterfront, with an modern layout and a giant kitchen and eating area. We have an open floor plan and an abundance of conference rooms. The office is centered on the Bear Cave, for impromptu collaboration, company gatherings, monthly drinks, wine tastings and industry Meetups and events. Weve also left space for fun with a ping-pong table, putting green, bean bag toss and other ways to have a quick break during the day.
Ideal Location - We are located at Assembly Row, which is the new, hot, technology company destination, with great water views, restaurants, cafes, bars, shopping, movie complex, bike and running paths and is easily accessible by mass transportation.
Great Perks We offer competitive salaries, top of the line benefits, ample vacation, 401(k) match, great eats breakfast, lunches, coffee (regular, gourmet, espresso, lattes), drinks, healthy and sweet snacks and a constant flow of popcorn from a retro movie theater machine.
Community Service and Philanthropy - SmartBear is committed to giving back to the community. We offer employees a day off to serve the cause of their choice or work in teams to support an organization. SmartBear also contributes time and donates to meaningful organizations, such as aiding at-risk children and combating homelessness.
Thought Leader and Innovator SmartBear strives to be a thought leader and innovator in the technology industry. We frequently support Meetups, are a member of Women In Technology, MassTLC and other premier organizations.