Office Tour Photos
Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
We are seeking an outstanding engineering tech lead interested in building products that solve customer problems, ranging from back-end data processing and machine learning, to front end presentation and dashboarding. This is an opportunity to build enterprise software that solves the most time-consuming, manually intensive problem in data science: enriching, curating, and preparing data. Working with very strong colleagues, you will lead a team and help design and implement creative solutions to problems in microservice applications, data pipelining, distributed computing, large-scale computing, interactive-response-time processing, and system architecture.
This job might be a good fit for you if you have:
- Experience managing a team of 5-10 engineers
- Strong experience in Java
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Experience with test-driven development and an approach to software engineering that values design work and review before coding, along with careful testing
- Background in building, maintaining, and shipping sophisticated enterprise software systems through multiple release cycles, especially through upgrades and changes to APIs and data formats
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A willingness to dive in and figure out what needs to be done along with a collaborative working style.
- Experience in an agile environment and a rapidly expanding product market
This position is available in Cambridge. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
More Jobs From