**Position based in Boston, MA**
Our Talent Strategy Business Partner group is the strategic arm of Talent focused on identifying, developing and implementing projects and initiatives to staff, on-board, develop, motivate, assess, retain and organize our talent who ultimately enable our high growth business. We push our senior leaders to think strategically about their people and are accountable for building the organizational structures, leadership and future teams that will propel Wayfairs success as a business. We weave together talent-related data to tell a cohesive story about the organizations we support and where we need to invest and arm our stakeholders with the data they need to make strategic decisions.
As the Talent Strategy Business Partner, you will partner directly with our Engineering/Technology unit and advise on human capital strategy and critical business initiatives. You will have the opportunity to shape the talent vision for this org while supporting Wayfairs executive team in a critical functional area. Key questions you may tackle include: What organizational design decisions and change management efforts are needed to drive business growth in a group that partners closely with every key function in the business? How will you work with business and talent partners to create an organization attracting top talent externally and internally, creating repeatable, scalable processes to stretch talent and always have top talent facing off against our biggest challenges? What do we need to disrupt our current hiring philosophy, approach to headcount growth, and rotational/internal mobility programming?
What Youll Do:
- As a key member of Wayfairs leadership team, you will work with C-suite executives to develop a breadth of strategies to attract, retain and develop the top talent
- Youll take the lead on optimizing organizational design to increase speed to value and reduce latency
- You will proactively identify skill and leadership gaps within the organization and propose and implement initiatives to address these gaps
- You will identify new business objectives and prioritize core analysis for key functional executives. In addition, you'll make data-driven decisions that have a significant, positive impact on efficiency, customer, and revenue/cost
- You will work with HR and key stakeholders to develop long term plans for calibration, compensation and development processes for employees in relevant functional area
- Youll provide strategic business partnership and coaching to key functional partners on performance feedback, leadership development and conflict management
What Youll Need:
- Experience in Talent is NOT required for the position.
- 7+ years of experience and/or 2+ years post MBA experience preferred
- Experience in management consulting, corporate strategy or at fast-paced technology companies preferred
- Proven experience in developing a strategy and driving tangible results across teams in an ambiguous environment while leveraging data from a multitude of sources to tell a story and impact the overarching strategy. Advanced excel skills needed.
- Have excellent communication skills and a passion for working across functions and with C-level leaders, synthesizing multiple points of view and owning a coherent action plan, all while negotiating and influencing others
- You have a strong customer service focus with a sense of urgency and excellent follow through
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.