Engineering Project Manager
Superpedestrian is seeking anEngineering Project Manager to coordinate manufacturing and development projects between our internal R&D team in Cambridge, MA, and our manufacturing team in China. You will be responsible for coordinating resources and tasks to ensure the overall quality and execution of projects.
What you'll do:
- Daily management of the information flow between Engineering and Manufacturing to ensure that our technical teams are hitting their targets.
- Coordinate and track design iterations and dynamic changes during development builds.
- Identify bottlenecks, provide escalation guidance for identified issues, evaluate options, and find alternatives.
- Prioritize tasks to drive our product development and launch roadmaps, including project scope and cost impacts.
- Clearly communicate technical issues involving complex electromechanical systems across technical teams.
- Maintain a keen awareness of balancing business needs and technical constraints, with a primary focus on quality and product delivery.
- Coordinate all design testing activities including alpha and beta unit testing and inbound needs from agency approvals (such as UL, ETL, TUV, etc.).
What we're looking for:
- Required: BS in Engineering or a related technical field, plus Microsoft Project experience
- 2+ years of experience in a product development environment with electromechanical and/or robotic systems
- Experience managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and evolving product requirements
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and work in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Experience coordinating multi site projects
- Experience working with a Contract Manufacturer, with consumer electronics, and with suppliers in China are a plus